Latest Software/Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

odingalt

Staff member
Re: v0.8.2.0

0.8.2.0 firmware released just now. Hit it up at http://www.viking360.com/downloads/thev ... .8.2.0.bin

Sorry it seems I messed up editing the downloads page also, just fixed that link, should work o.k. now

Latest software and firmware fix a few bugs but still don't address all the problems with saving/loading .VKS. For now I advise only sharing .VKM with each other, you'll probably end up building your macro sets from scratch because the likelihood of your .vks getting corrupt are pretty good.

Bugs:

Fixed bug where left trigger rapidfire didn't work.
Fixed bug where under some macro sets, using the tac switch (especially to toggle modes) caused controller to freezeup entirely.
Fixed a bug in timeline editor where you couldn't scroll far enough to the right to see the whole macro.
Fixed some other obscure hardware or software level bugs for performance.

whoa044

Awesome.........sauce!

These were the problems I had. I'd load up some macros. Then, just by clicking a few switches, it'd freeze up! I found the only solution to be re-uploading macros to the controller numerous times. Along with that, I had a problem where some random tac switches wouldn't work.

Good job on fixing the bugs quickly!

odingalt

Staff member
Hmm I had some more freezing on 0.8.2.0, and put out 0.8.2.2. This one is running better for me but that's what I thought last time.

whoa044

Software

I can agree that the software will get better with each update. This version fixed the problem of freezing up.

I'm looking forward to some extending of macro editing software. Things like scrolling through macros on one switch, and maybe a changed timeline editor look, maybe something with the analog stick editing? Suggesting that it could have an angle lock, like 15, 30, 45, 90 degrees, just to make a little easier with making stick control perfect.

Bedfordx

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if it were possible if when you are play and charging your batery pack through the viking controller, if the LED's would stay lit because its almost impossible to see what mode you're on if you have your play and charge kit plugged into the controller as it switchs all LED's off... Will this be possible with future firmware updates or is it something to do with the hardware of the controller that cant be changed?

-Bedfordx

fathersin

my controller is locking up after turning macro off and on a few times again. I have latest software update do I need to update firmware?

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

fathersin said:
my controller is locking up after turning macro off and on a few times again. I have latest software update do I need to update firmware?
Are you on the 0.8.2.2 firmware?......if your not then yes you do

fathersin

I'm up to date on latest firmware and software. The firmware update fixed my problem with chip turning itself off after turning macro on and off.

Now I have a nice new problem. Now I can't turn my turbo off. Once I turn turbo on via a macro like the 10 sps macro (which is what I'm using with speed multiplier modified).

I can change pages then return back to page I want to reset controller but, just turning the turbo off doesn't work. I see the light turn on when turbo is turned on and before I turn it on it is off. But, again once it is turned on it won't turn off. Yes the light turns on and off but even when light is not on turbo is still on once started.

I've tried multiple tac switches even starting a new vks from scratch nothing is working atm.

odingalt

Staff member
Can you attach the exact .vks you are having the problem with so I can take a look?

Status
Not open for further replies.