LED Problem.

Ben

I think it's a issue with power, my controller does the same but once it's been on for 5 minutes they all light up perfectly. Try a some more batteries maybe?

Yeah, i tried a charged battery pack, and then some new batteries. Same thing happened.
And I can't believe you watched the video that fast... I just deleted it and put up a different one because of the stupid "ad" it put in the video.

Ben

I didn't see any ad :S

Does it still do it after using it for a while?

When I made a macro just for the LEDs which was like a rainbow I remember if I did it when I had just powered the controller on they wouldn't show up very well or they would just be red (instead of whatever other colour) but if I used that macro after 5 minutes of using the controller they would show perfectly.

odingalt

Staff member
I know exactly what the problem is. The solderless socket is not making a good connection from LED3/LED4. (Or, the solder pads around the stock LED3 and LED4 were shorted out when the stock LED's were removed...). We remove all stock LED's and insert an aftermarket circuit board with our three-color LED's on it.

The modchip monitors the original Player LED's and 'mimicks' their output on our aftermarket LED board. If it doesn't 'see' what the stock LED3/LED4's were doing, it can't mimic them. This doesn't affect the function of the LED's that you may assign using the macro software. Just the mimicking of the stock LED blinking - such as when the controller is searching for the console or such as when you receive a message or game invite and your LED's blink.

Ben do you know if this was one of yours or one of ours? Because I see a warranty repair in this customer's future lol :D

Pyroman, open a support ticket to arrange for a return and repairs.