LED's not lighting up

Monnie

Okay, my controller's LEDs will not light up. It has been like this for over two weeks. For hours I have tried to the start, insert batteries thing. That has led to no success. I have also reloaded the firmware on to it four times. I'm kinda desperate here. Any help and/or advice. Thanks.

Ryan266

i am also having this problem it just happened to me it was random, but when i turn it on for program mode it lights up that pinkish color.Help me if possible.
i have done new battery pack, re dowload everything help me asap

NYjetsNY1

Alright some suggestions.

One, try a battery pack, not the rechargeable one.
Use fresh batteries.

Take out the batteries, hold start on the controller, keep holding it and insert the battery pack.

Do this a few times until the LEDs turn on.

Then there you go.

I don't understand how you could have firmwared the controller if the LEDs didn't turn on? At any rate try what I said above.

The pink colors indicate programming mode, which is normal.

Monnie

My whole controller works. and i can go in to programing mode but, it also turns on my xbox. the only problem is the led will not turn on so everything i do comes from muscle memory (like switching to the right set up). I dont understand it either compared to what all of the other LED situations are. At this point im thinking that the LEDs might of burnt out but that unlikely.

NYjetsNY1

Monnie said:
My whole controller works. and i can go in to programing mode but, it also turns on my xbox. the only problem is the led will not turn on so everything i do comes from muscle memory (like switching to the right set up). I dont understand it either compared to what all of the other LED situations are. At this point im thinking that the LEDs might of burnt out but that unlikely.

So no matter what you do, connect to xbox via Play and charge cable, connected to computer, unconnected, using xbox, with fresh batteries, everything you do, no LEDs? Yes they probably burnt out if they NEVER come on.

You'll have to make a support ticket here: http://viking360.com/support/support-tickets

You just have to ship it back and they will fix it and send it back. The whole thing should take ~10 days.

Describe your problem. If you can't make a ticket for some unknown reason, PM odingalt.

shaoliin

My LEDs work with a battery pack but they wont work with the recharable one. Any suggestions for them to work with the recharable one??

shaoliin

Yea... its wierd because my controller gets connected to my xbox, but it has no LEDs on. I press the guide button and it says it has 4 bars. I tried using another battery pack and it worked. I wonder if i got sent a faulty battery pack lol. :(

NYjetsNY1

When exactly don't the LEDs light up? When the rechargeable battery pack is in? When it is in + PnC cable? Only one rechargeable battery pack doesn't work? Maybe the battery is dead in it, and it won't hold a charge?

shaoliin

The LEDs wont light up when it is connected to my xbox. They light up when i press START though. Also my controller still connects to my xbox when hold the guide button, the LEdS just dont turn on.

NYjetsNY1

shaoliin said:
The LEDs wont light up when it is connected to my xbox. They light up when i press START though. Also my controller still connects to my xbox when hold the guide button, the LEdS just dont turn on.

So faulty rechargeable battery maybe you think?