loop function? 2nd day viking noob help!

WaistLineBandit

i read the tutorial ( which was quite nice)and watched the videos..but i still don't see the loop function. when i click on the grey gear in the timeline editor, all the info is there except the drop down box for loop settings. i've done the following:

1 -- uninstalled/reinstalled software and updated software
2 -- made sure file type was .vkm
3 -- updated firmware on controller

any ideas? ....anyone

NYjetsNY1

Don't update the software because that actually deupdates it because it goes back to pre loop official software. Use the beta in the forums that odingalt posted. Then just install that and edit a macro. Top right gear... bam loop settings.

WaistLineBandit

got it...thanks for the quick response! i would love to see a youtube video demonstrating the different options in the loop settings drop down box. haven't found any detailed information on the subject. can someone please point me in the right direction....

NYjetsNY1

WaistLineBandit said:
got it...thanks for the quick response! i would love to see a youtube video demonstrating the different options in the loop settings drop down box. haven't found any detailed information on the subject. can someone please point me in the right direction....

Read the loop settings and what they do and that is what they do lol. Basically they are something like, "Loops until release of button, terminates on release" or "Loops until release of button, plays out macro on release"

rawflewaffle

yea mine doesnt deupdate me either but i would wonder what the practical use for some of those loop settings would be like for instance why do most of the currently made macros have the option loop and play once more after release shouldnt it just stop once you let go or is there a reasno for that or does it not apply because theyre preupdate/firmware macros

NYjetsNY1

rawflewaffle said:
yea mine doesnt deupdate me either but i would wonder what the practical use for some of those loop settings would be like for instance why do most of the currently made macros have the option loop and play once more after release shouldnt it just stop once you let go or is there a reasno for that or does it not apply because theyre preupdate/firmware macros

Preupdate macros and also because think about it... it is the most common. You want the macro to loop and finish out. Why would you want it to stop when you let go? For the turbo knife, letting go of the button you think it would be good for it to just stop? No. You want the macro to finish, then stop.

odingalt

Staff member
Since this is what ALL macros did prior to 0.8.7.0, it seemed best to keep this as the default option. That way, macros made before 0.8.7.0 would still function the same when you use the new software.