Macro looping

Nibbz

When a macro has been initiated, will it be possible to loop the macro over and over on a loop?
Some repetative "grinding" games could utilise this function without the need to keep pressing one of the trigger switches.

On another note. Funnily enough I thought of a similar idea last year where by a standard controller could be converted into a macro controller by the following method.
When the controller communicates, a seperate USB device plugged into the 360 would synchronise with both the xbox 360 and the controller acting as a middle point that sends the data received from the controller to the xbox 360.
The controller obviously must be un-synchronised with the console to prevent double comunicating but the USB receiver acts and synchronises with the console in the same way a standard controller would.
The USB receiver could interpret a button press from the controller and "modify" the output to the console to reflect what ever the user requires. In a sense, the USB device could also submit a string of commands or rapid fire at the control of the standard controller. It would be a simple case of syncronising the controller with the USB receiver first, then the USB receiver with the console. A similar method could be used to download macro files to the USB device and macro selection could be achieved by buttons located on the USB device perhaps illustrated via a small LCD display. This way controllers could remain un-touched and no modding would be required. I for one know nothing of the technology behind the wireless communications used in xbox controllers but someone who does could surely utilise this method.
Anyway, great job with the controllers, I will certainly be buying one, maybe two. I just hope the macro loop is an option as I love to grind (halo: reach) :) and this would certainly run in the controllers favour.

Ta

Nibbz

NYjetsNY1

macro looping yes

the usb device would work with a modded macro controller
the flaw in your scheme is that the controller is not hooked up to anything
for example the a button- is not hooked up to the usb device. Therefore that won't work.
the macro controller? yes its possible
i like the idea of macro looping, im pretty sure its very possible.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

NYjetsNY1 said:
macro looping yes

the usb device would work with a modded macro controller
the flaw in your scheme is that the controller is not hooked up to anything
for example the a button- is not hooked up to the usb device. Therefore that won't work.
the macro controller? yes its possible
i like the idea of macro looping, im pretty sure its very possible.
The A button is hooked up on the macro cotroller as an input....it's the legacy controllers that it isn't

Nibbz

I understand.
I just thought the USB device could receive a button command in the same way the console does, but instead it could be modified and re-transmitted to the console at the users preference, as the controller would be "fooled" into thinking it was syncronised with the console, but in fact it would be solely communicating with the USB receiver. From here the USB device would re-transmit the data on to the console.
Still, you have provided us with a very comprehensive solution and a versatile method which I am sure over time, will prove very advantageous to gamers in the future.

Great work.

Nibbz

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I don't think you can do your macro box with a wireless 360 controller. Microsoft has a weird twist of blutooth... It could work with a wired controller, or for PS3 because of it's standard blutooth...