macro recording question.

LogicBomb

i was checking out the tutorial videos again and noticed something. when you were recording a manual (real-time) macro, it appeared as though when you started the recording, the controller immediately began the recording, even though no input was defined in the first second or so. same thing at the end of the recording. is this how the Viking is designed? ideally, the macro should start not when you begin recording, but when the first input is sent. same thing at the end. so i could begin recording, not hit any buttons or sticks for 5 seconds, then enter my moves. when i play it back, the "dead space" at the beginning and end isnt recorded. thats how my old adapter does it. wondering if the Viking ignores dead space.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

LogicBomb said:
i was checking out the tutorial videos again and noticed something. when you were recording a manual (real-time) macro, it appeared as though when you started the recording, the controller immediately began the recording, even though no input was defined in the first second or so. same thing at the end of the recording. is this how the Viking is designed? ideally, the macro should start not when you begin recording, but when the first input is sent. same thing at the end. so i could begin recording, not hit any buttons or sticks for 5 seconds, then enter my moves. when i play it back, the "dead space" at the beginning and end isnt recorded. thats how my old adapter does it. wondering if the Viking ignores dead space.
i agree with this......this also sounds like it might be changeable in the coding......however you can also clear out that "dead space" in the macro software.

odingalt

Staff member
LogicBomb said:
i was checking out the tutorial videos again and noticed something. when you were recording a manual (real-time) macro, it appeared as though when you started the recording, the controller immediately began the recording, even though no input was defined in the first second or so. same thing at the end of the recording. is this how the Viking is designed?

You are correct, that is the current design.

LogicBomb said:
ideally, the macro should start not when you begin recording, but when the first input is sent.

I can't disagree with you here. Can anybody think of a reason this type of a configuration would cause anybody a problem? I.e. when you tap the record button, all four LED's will turn solid red, meaning the recorder is 'primed'. When you make your first keystroke, the LED's will start flashing and the recording starts. Probably something that could be worked into the next firmware with some testing. (Any guinea pigs out there?)

LogicBomb said:
same thing at the end. so i could begin recording, not hit any buttons or sticks for 5 seconds, then enter my moves. when i play it back, the "dead space" at the beginning and end isnt recorded. thats how my old adapter does it. wondering if the Viking ignores dead space.

This one I don't think I can change any time soon. Just tap the record button to stop recording as soon as you're done and all is well.

odingalt

Staff member
I think M1A1 had mondo problems, my wife tested his controller in the shop and it passed 100% of the tests. I'm waiting for M1A1 to shoot me a PM with the list of problems he was having so I can try to reproduce the problem... so far we just think he's crazy.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
I think M1A1 had mondo problems, my wife tested his controller in the shop and it passed 100% of the tests. I'm waiting for M1A1 to shoot me a PM with the list of problems he was having so I can try to reproduce the problem... so far we just think he's crazy.
sent.....but im not crazy..... :oops: