Macro recording, Recording a playing macro.

DirkSmoove

Will there be an update one day that lets you add on to prerecorded macros.. For instance, I pressed record and had a pre-recorded macro playing and have the controller record them my button presses and the macro at the same time...

let me try to explain with Mortal Kombat.
For instance I have a combination that is juggling a guy in the air.. Later on I find out that I can add some more stuff onto that combo, what I'm asking is if I could press the record button then play the pre-recorded macro, then add on to the combo, all while recording to make the new macro....

HippieMagic

That sounds like it would seriously over-complicate the controller. I honestly think that would hurt more than it would help you.

Can't you record a macro, upload it, save it, and then load it on a button? Then in theory you could start recording, play the macro you have assigned to another button, add to it, and stop recording. I am not saying this works for sure but I thought you could do it...

In the end it makes more sense to just start from scratch and do the whole thing over if you want to add to it. You wouldn't really want to automate your entire game. That kinda takes the fun out of it.

NYjetsNY1

DirkSmoove said:
Will there be an update one day that lets you add on to prerecorded macros.. For instance, I pressed record and had a pre-recorded macro playing and have the controller record them my button presses and the macro at the same time...

let me try to explain with Mortal Kombat.
For instance I have a combination that is juggling a guy in the air.. Later on I find out that I can add some more stuff onto that combo, what I'm asking is if I could press the record button then play the pre-recorded macro, then add on to the combo, all while recording to make the new macro....

Yes, I don't know if it still works, but try assigning your macro to a tac and having a toggle, by untoggling the macro while recording it will actually activate the macro so that the recording does actually record the macro as well as your button presses.

Give it a try, it used to work unless it was fixed in a bug fix. I actually made the ghost knife by accidentally activating macros and recording at the same time.

odingalt

Staff member
I see what you are getting at. We didn't make the controll function like this and have no plans to for the reason mentioned above - that it would be too complicated for 99.9% of customers. :-(

DirkSmoove

odingalt said:
I see what you are getting at. We didn't make the controll function like this and have no plans to for the reason mentioned above - that it would be too complicated for 99.9% of customers. :-(
thanks bro... hard to explain... but u got it... 1UP