Macro Recording.

drumjunkie1

whats up guys, I'm trying to record a macro for street fighter but I can only seem to record one button at a time! is there a way to record all of my button presses at once?

Remmnever

drumjunkie1 said:
whats up guys, I'm trying to record a macro for street fighter but I can only seem to record one button at a time! is there a way to record all of my button presses at once?

When you click the record button it should be recording all your button presses. There is a bug with the analog sticks and I noticed today that mine weren't recording. This is supposed to fixed in the next software/firmware update (which should be out soon).

odingalt

Staff member
Remmnever said:
drumjunkie1 said:

When you click the record button it should be recording all your button presses. There is a bug with the analog sticks and I noticed today that mine weren't recording. This is supposed to fixed in the next software/firmware update (which should be out soon).

Yet another beta http://viking360.com/downloads/thevikin ... _setup.exe

There is some huge improvement with analog stick recording with this beta version, still one more tweak to go. This version isn't official/public but thought I'd drop the link here for those of you who are tech savvy and not afraid to try betas :)

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

odingalt said:
Remmnever said:
drumjunkie1 said:

There is some huge improvement with analog stick recording with this beta version, still one more tweak to go. This version isn't official/public but thought I'd drop the link here for those of you who are tech savvy and not afraid to try betas :)
tried to install this......got this error

Remmnever

odingalt said:
Remmnever said:
drumjunkie1 said:

I also wanted to say that there seems to be a problem in the software, time line editor specifically, regarding the analog sticks. I noticed today that while I was setting up a macro which included the right analog stick I would create several buttons and then save it and go to the main screen in the software then back to the time line editor and the macro I set for the right analog stick would change.

For example I had about 6 dots in one line on the right analog stick. I was trying to slowly make the stick go down, then up, then down again. When I saved it the macro looks fine. But when I opened it again some of the down dots were changed to down and right or even right altogether, even though I made it perfectly vertical pointing downward. I haven't tried this new beta version yet so I'm not sure if this has been addressed.

or all the dots on the right analog will disappear altogether. Very strange.

NYjetsNY1

This is a step in the opposite direction. This software is much worse then the last. The analog sticks are WAY worse now then before.

Remmnever

NYjetsNY1 said:
This is a step in the opposite direction. This software is much worse then the last. The analog sticks are WAY worse now then before.

I think it might be because the analog sticks need a firmware update also. When I try and record a macro for the right analog stick I click record then move the right analog stick down and click stop. I hit play back and nothing happens, so the recording isn't picking up my right analog when I make a slight movement downwards.

NYjetsNY1

Remmnever said:
NYjetsNY1 said:

I think it might be because the analog sticks need a firmware update also. When I try and record a macro for the right analog stick I click record then move the right analog stick down and click stop. I hit play back and nothing happens, so the recording isn't picking up my right analog when I make a slight movement downwards.

No not only that this software is horrific for analog sticks it either deletes them, changes them, you name it. The old one was better it only messes up recording and up/down/left/right analog. Diagonals are OK. This software completly screws up the analogs.

drumjunkie1

odingalt said:
Remmnever said:
drumjunkie1 said:

so does it matter what button i record??? because after i set the record function to my tac switch a dropdown menu comes up asking me which button i want to record? sorry for the stupid questions.

That is what you use to select the playback button. The recording software records everything that happens on the entire controller.

NYjetsNY1

@drumjunkie1, "
so does it matter what button i record??? because after i set the record function to my tac switch a dropdown menu comes up asking me which button i want to record? sorry for the stupid questions."

You set one tac switch to record, and then the dropdown menu asks you what button you want that will PLAY your recorded macro (ie: RT2 plays the recorded macro that you pressed RT3 to record and RT3 to stop)