Macro Software and Firmware 0.8.7.5 Beta Testing....

odingalt

Staff member
The moment you've all been waiting for: THE BIG VIKING360 SOFTWARE AND FIRMWARE UPDATE FOR MACRO CONTROLLERS ONLY.

After extensive, extensive testing, we are proud to release this update. It took a lot longer than we thought it would, but here it is.

There is always a chance for bugs so please report these to us so we can fix them.

THE MACRO SOFTWARE IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THE TYR'S HAND, THOR'S HAMMER, OR ODIN'S RAVEN (also known as Legacy controllers).

Beta Testing Revision History

Attention Beta testers. Be sure to check the revision history times below, to make sure you've got the latest and greatest version of the beta firmware and software. I will be trying to fix bugs immediately as they are reported. If a new firmware was needed to fix a bug, I will change the download link in this post with a link to the the latest version of the firmware.

4/3/2011 - Version 0.8.7.1 software and firmware released.
4/4/2011 8:08PM PST - Released firmware 0.8.7.1C. Fixes a bug that caused controller to lockup when playing macros with certain joystick or trigger presses.
4/6/2011 9:46PM PST - Released firmware and software 0.8.7.2. Firmware fixes a bug where a just-recorded macro wouldn't playback when the playback button was pressed. Software adds a sixth and final option to the macro looping options dropdown box.
4/18/2011 8:45PM PST - Release firmware and software 0.8.7.3. Firmware fixes some bugs associated with using the record macro button. Software fixes three bugs: page LED color would get corrupted when deleting a page. Double-clicking a .VKM file on your desktop to load up the .VKM then clicking the green check box would crash the software. And lastly, some users were reporting issues where the axis toggle "green dots" weren't saving properly.
4/23/2011 10:45AM PST - Released software 0.8.7.4. Fixed the bug (again) where deleting a page would mess up the page color.
5/10/2011 7:58PM PST - Released software 0.8.7.5. There was something wrong with this build which prevented users from opening a lot of macros (crash on .VKS loading).

Macro Testing
Find All of These Throughout the Entire Thread
-Turbo Button's confirmed working; please request if you need a Button-Turboing macro Working
-Humanized Rapid-fire Working
-Requested Three-Round Burst-fire macro that when you hold RT will keep just Burst-Firing Needs Completing

Generally Speaking, What's New in This 0.8.7.5 Update?

Two major new features are included in this version: "Joystick Axis Toggling" and "Advanced Macro Looping". The general idea here is that the Joystick Axis Toggling is used for making huge improvements to our anti-recoil macros. The Advanced Macro Looping will allow much better 'burst round firing' in FPS (first-person shooter) games, as well as 'point farming' in RPG (role-playing game) games. In fact I have no doubt customers will find uses for these two features beyond what I originally envisioned.

How Do I Install This Update?

First, let's talk about how to upgrade to the new version of the software and the firmware. First off, you'll need to manually download all of these files:

http://viking360.com/downloads/thevikin ... _setup.exe
http://viking360.com/downloads/thevikin ... .8.7.3.bin
http://www.viking360.com/downloads/thev ... dater2.exe

BE SURE TO BEGIN THE UPDATE PROCESS WITH THE MACRO SOFTWARE *CLOSED* AND THE BATTERIES *REMOVED* FROM YOUR CONTROLLER. Then follow this tutorial video EXACTLY: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5oVuclvuoM

How Do I Use the New Features Once Installed?

Joystick Axis Toggling

Look at the grey joystick icon for each joystick track in the timeline editor. You will now notice little green dots on the joysticks. If the dot is green, then the macro will take full control of that axis during macro playback. If the dot is greyed out, then you have full manual control over that axis during macro playback. Therefore, you can tell the macro controller to only control the x-axis, the y-axis, both axes, or neither axis. You can hover your mouse over the grey joystick icon on the track to see more information. This is especially useful for anti-recoil, where you want the macro modchip only to help control the y-axis when your gun recoils. Check out the attached example "M14 Rapidfire with Anti-recoil.vkm" (this macro is designed to be assigned to your right trigger).

Advanced Macro Loop Options

In the timeline editor, click on the top-right grey gears icon. This will bring up the macro properties box. Look for the "Loop settings". Notice the new drop-down menu that says "On button press, macro will....". These dropdown menus will change how the macro will playback, depending on whether you are tapping, holding, or releasing the playback button. These macros are especially useful if you'd like to create an 'infinite' macro that will play forever. You can also use the Loop Settings to help create a better 3-round burst rapidfire macro. Check out the attached example "Rapidfire 3-round burst.vkm".

Great, Can I Start Uploading Macros?

No. This is a beta. Do not add any macros to our on-line permanent library just yet. Feel free to share within this thread if you'd like to test with other customers. But let's wait until the official release to start sharing macros via the on-line macro library at the viking360.com website.

Help, I'm Totally Confused?

Then this beta test is not for you. Just hang tight until the official release on the Viking360.com website. Then let us know what kind of macros you are hoping to create. We'll see if we can make the macros and upload them to the library.

Crimson

Re: Macro Software and Firmware 0.8.7.1 Beta Testing....

NOOOIIIIIIICCCCEEEE!!!! been waiting for this for a long timeee :).. thanks a lot odingalt, will test and report back any bugs :)

evil5826

Not bad defiantly not messing with me when i release trigger. I just wish there was a way to have absolute no recoil

Crimson

Macro looping still does not work on regular A, X, Y, B, RB, LB buttons.. i was trying to make custom turbo buttons with different speeds for fighting games,, but it only works with tack switches and the two triggers as of this latest beta.. thanks

odingalt

Staff member

You can get limited turbo functions by assigning them directly to the stock X,Y,B,A,bumper buttons. However, it will work a little differently than you might expect. Attached is an example macro that will Turbo your Button A for you, while being assigned directly to the stock button A. Here's how it works:

Assign this macro to your stock Button A.
Now, when you TAP your Button A, the macro will turbo button A for you (I think at 10 presses per second).
LED 4 will blink yellow for every button press the macro performs.
It will keep doing this forever, until:
When you are done with the turbo, tap Button A again. LED 4 will turn off and it will stop turbo'ing Button A.

Unfortunately, there is no way to assign a macro to the stock Buttons and then be able to hold down the Button while it turbo's. That can only be done with a tac switch. But if you're ok with pressing once to start the turbo, and pressing again to stop, then you can assign a turbo directly to the stock buttons using the example macro I attached here.. Let me know what you think.

Crimson

odingalt said:
You can get limited turbo functions by assigning them directly to the stock X,Y,B,A,bumper buttons. However, it will work a little differently than you might expect. Attached is an example macro that will Turbo your Button A for you, while being assigned directly to the stock button A. Here's how it works:

Assign this macro to your stock Button A.
Now, when you TAP your Button A, the macro will turbo button A for you (I think at 10 presses per second).
LED 4 will blink yellow for every button press the macro performs.
It will keep doing this forever, until:
When you are done with the turbo, tap Button A again. LED 4 will turn off and it will stop turbo'ing Button A.

Unfortunately, there is no way to assign a macro to the stock Buttons and then be able to hold down the Button while it turbo's. That can only be done with a tac switch. But if you're ok with pressing once to start the turbo, and pressing again to stop, then you can assign a turbo directly to the stock buttons using the example macro I attached here.. Let me know what you think.

Hmm i see what you are saying.. (i guess triggers have analog signals compared to the regular buttons and that has something to do with it?) Your macro will do it for me, i can get used to turbo-ing this way :).. also i found a bug in the loop settings... the setting : "Play one time only " can cause all macros to stop working and require a powercycle of the controller to get things back to normal.. the condition to trigger this bug is as follow.. say you have a macro that plays for 1 second long.. you need to hold and press the tac switch (or whatever button the macro is assigned to) in order to make the macro fully play and stop, if you let go of the button before the macro is done playing (say you release the button at 0.5 sec) it will interrupt the macro and repeating a second time will render all macros useless... (same bug apply to the setting: " Loop until released then terminate immediately "...

NYjetsNY1

Good bug report. I'm loving the enthusiasm here guys.

I will be dishing out macros eventually, I just need ideas. Any ideas now that we have these features for macros that I can do for you just let me know.

odingalt

Staff member

Crimson,

Can you attach your .VKS please?

Quick question... I should be getting my controller on Thursday. Should I go ahead and install this Beta, or do you recommend since I have not had the chance to use my controller yet that I stick with the older/stable software?

Divine

I would.....the anti recoil is awesome. Too good not to use.

Divine

On a side note....the anti recoil will not work for those who have inverted enabled....im sure NY could make one if anyone needs it.

xxVIKINGxx

NYjetsNY1 said:
Good bug report. I'm loving the enthusiasm here guys.

I will be dishing out macros eventually, I just need ideas. Any ideas now that we have these features for macros that I can do for you just let me know.

I know before when I tried recording the process of making a emblem on bkack ops it wouldnt work and when I asked some one about it they said I had to wait for the firmware update because it had somthing to do with the joysticks. So now that it's here maybe someone can make a Viking emblem macro?

Crimson

Post updated by Odingalt: this bug should now be resolved, be sure to use firmware version 0.8.7.1C or newer.

odingalt said:
Crimson,

Can you attach your .VKS please?
Here is the vks. Notice that the macros attached to tac1 and tac2 (the two front tacs) work perfectly fine and don't cause the bug (even after repeated clicks) (they use "Play one time only" and "Loop until released and terminate immediately"). Tac 3 and 4 (area where the right index finger usually lays) consistently cause the bug, they both use "Loop until released then terminate immediately". Left Stick Click and Right Stick Click also cause the bug (after repeated clicks), they use "One time only... Thanks

GJUnLeAsHeD

i put 5 trigger pulls on the timeline and when i took it online it transfered into a 3 shot burst ?? and when i put 3 trigger pulls on the timeline it shout 2 bullets ??

xxVIKINGxx

The anti recoil works great on sens 2 can anyone make one for sens 4? thanks

shaoliin

Post updated by Odingalt: customer has self-reported that they solved this issue on their own.

I created a relatively long macro about 3 minutes long. I tried both of the loop forever features and for some reason it just wont loop. Here are both the macros. Im kinda sad it doesnt work. Ive been waiting so long for this moment. I tries both the battery pack and Brand New batteries. I just tried another test with the loop forever feature with a simple A button press and that did not work either. Maybe i did somehting wrong when I updated my controller??? Unless these macros aren't working for you guys either. Please let me know and also any suggestions would be appreciated. :(

shaoliin

I think i know where i went wrong. My first try i just saved the new updates instead of running them. But when i try and download the new setup(the first listed download) I get an error message that looks something like this.

An error occuredwhile trying to replace exisitng file.
Delete file faile; code 5
Access is denied.

I tried downloading it with my virus prtoection off and it still didnt work???

shaoliin

shaoliin said:
I created a relatively long macro about 3 minutes long. I tried both of the loop forever features and for some reason it just wont loop. Here are both the macros. Im kinda sad it doesnt work. Ive been waiting so long for this moment. I tries both the battery pack and Brand New batteries. I just tried another test with the loop forever feature with a simple A button press and that did not work either. Maybe i did somehting wrong when I updated my controller??? Unless these macros aren't working for you guys either. Please let me know and also any suggestions would be appreciated. :(

Disregard this message.... I figured out what i did wrong.