Macro software cant see my downloaded vks files

ikeni

I need some help.

basically i have the latest version of the software, i download a macro and when i click th brown folder to open it and navigate to where the macro is download it doesnt appear there. As if the macro software cannot see the macro.

I can double click the macro and it will load up in the macro software but i cannot open a macro from the macro software.

I've looked at all the vids, is this normal or am i noobing out hard?

BUBBALOUY

Cant find my macros

This problem you are having sounds very similar to the one I'm also having. Once NYjets and you figure it out, please post details of what you found. Thanks

NYjetsNY1

The only thing I can think of is that you are trying to open a macro set, but you only have .vkm files stored.

When pressing the open macro, only macros can be opened. On the top right of the software, the open will only find .vks, macro set files.

If you still can't figure it out, I can teach you over teamviewer.

odingalt

Staff member
Yup, there's a subtle but important difference between .VKS and .VKM files.

.VKS stands for "Viking Macro Set". This is a whole group of macros, including information on which buttons each macro is assigned to.

.VKM stands for "Viking Macro". This is just a single macro, and doesn't say anything about what button you assigned the macro to.

If you are on the main home page looking at the photo of the controller and click on the brown file folder, you're navigating for .VKS files. It won't show .VKM's.

Likewise, if you are inside the tracks/timeline editor and click on the brown file folder, you're navigatin for .VKM files. And it wouldn't show any .VKS.

Hope this makes sense!

BUBBALOUY

Quick note

The problem I was having understanding was that you have to open the individual macro up, on the controller ( open macro ) from which ever button it is assigned to. Hope this helps, if not let NYjets walk you through it. He's the Brain.