macro software problems

modded matt

your pc is having a major issue with the application. you will need to uninstall completely, restart your pc, then reinstall. Before you reinstall I recommend doing a system update focusing on the net framework updates.

odingalt

Staff member
You said the error pops up when you open the software.

Did you mean the error pops up when you open a particular macro or macro set??

odingalt

Staff member
You said the error pops up when you open the software.

Did you mean the error pops up when you open a particular macro or macro set??

I have to think it's more than just a coincidence that the same cryptic error shows up on two different computers at random, wondering if they both have something in common (antivirus or security software, etc)? Do you have admin rights to the computer you are installing this on?

xtharp95x

well on my moms labtop its has always shown that message and on the computer it was working fine then during christmas our power went out bucz my mom likes to put alot of stuff up and the computer crashed, the error pops up when i open up the software, and yes i have admin rights. the computer is a windows xp media center edition 2005 its a old computer

xtharp95x

it popd up agian but after i exit it out another thing pops up saying (unable to find version of the run time for this application) and in the blue bar it says (DiskUpMgr.exe - .Net Framework Initialization Error)

odingalt

Staff member
Is this vista or a pirated version of windows or running on macintosh or something??

Be sure you have admin priviledges on this computer, disable virus scanning software, etc. uninstall the software and then delete any and all files located under any folders called viking under c:\ program files

Then download the latest off the website by going to the page at downloads -> xbox360 -> the viking

modded matt

it popd up agian but after i exit it out another thing pops up saying (unable to find version of the run time for this application) and in the blue bar it says (DiskUpMgr.exe - .Net Framework Initialization Error)

why are we trying to help you when you will not follow the directions we give you. This is a problem with your pc we are trying to help you fix. if you can follow our directions go to microsoft and get them to help you.

The problem is with your gear not viking software.