Matrix y trace

thejld

hey yall just needed to find the matrix y trace, if yall know which one it is could u post a pic with it? thanks

modded matt

cant do it with a matrix...sory no conversion for you. spend the extra money, instead of trying to cheat odens system, or atleast understand how it works and use a CG controller whne you upgrade.

Jonny

I think he means that only the 2 triggers work with the matrix controller (there is only traces for the 2 triggers) - there is 'no' y trace on the matrix board, there is only a y trace on the CG and CG2 boards?
Only the 2 triggers work on the matrix board (not able to use all the viking features such as x,y,y) and on the CG and CG2 board all features work (there is a trace for everything)
Correct me if i am wrong. :?

thejld

Your wrong, because there has to be a trace for every button, how else would it work? and i heard someone over at acidmods he told me he soldered to the y trace

odingalt

Staff member
Well the matrix is a little different. It may work to get the fast reload to work by soldering a couple of wires but I haven't tried. It may require both some soldering and some special software. I don't have time to take on the project.

CG stands for 'common ground'. Matrix stands for.. well.. a transistor matrix. Does anyone here have a good link to say xbox-scene that might explain the matrix? I don't have time at the moment to begin the explanation, my apologies.

modded matt

short version:
theviking is grounding the x or y or whatever face button it is programed to press on the cg/cg2 controllers. on a matrix, forcing it to ground wont activate the button, you must actually close that circut.

Fredrow

modded matt said:
short version:
theviking is grounding the x or y or whatever face button it is programed to press on the cg/cg2 controllers. on a matrix, forcing it to ground wont activate the button, you must actually close that circut.

I'm not to sure about this, but isnt the the ABXY buttons on a matrix controller tied into transisitor?

IrishStyle

Maybe this will help jld.

Code:
http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/pcb_diagrams/360_diagram5.jpg
[url]http://media.photobucket.com/image/wireless%20matrix%20traces/RDCXBG/Repair/WirelessMatrixTop.jpg[/url]

thejld

So irish is the purple one or blue one the trace, and odin if i get all the correct traces will this work for the viking360?

Krier023

Useful Poster
Ok sorry i dont know much about controllers, but from what i understand cg has one common ground that everything can wire to and matrix has specific grounds for each button, so to wire a viking chip to it you would need two wires per button? am i understanding or do i have it all wrong

Fredrow

PS3andCOD said:
But I don't think it's possible because the chip doesn't have any way of picking the right ground.

Wow your wrong!!!! Do you know what a transistor is? Without going to google and looking it up?

Fredrow

PS3andCOD said:
But I don't think it's possible because the chip doesn't have any way of picking the right ground.

Maybe you should go buy yourself a working Xbox 360 and a Matrix Controller before you start to bash stuff you know nothing about!!!! MF. Front Runner!!!!!!

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I'll admit, I don't know much about the matrix controllers. I completely understand the common ground, and more or less the PS3 controllers. I don't really know whats going on in a matrix controller, but if it was possible to make a hammer or a raven from one, wouldn't you have done so?

modded matt

first off, I told you no conversions, its not fair to viking 360. you stated its not for viking, now your asking if the trace will work for viking again. I dont mind helping anyone with a mod, but I not going to help anyone cheat viking, and I am not fond of being lied to. John your on your own.

It is theroretically posible to make it work but it will requier additional components as fredrow touched on and more intensive wiring and labor, which will drive up costs, and most people bitch about the cost as is, hence this controller with limited functionality. this forum is here to help legit customers with issues and to provide general support for the product, not to rip itself off.

this whole thread should be removed and discareded, shame on you. buy a raven if thats what you want. If your too cheap and buy the ghetto hand version, thats a life choice and something your going to have to learn to live with.

thejld

Ok well first off i just wanted a picture from anyone to which the y trace was cuz i was going to use robbos jitter code on the matrix. then i got a little side tracked on this and wanted to know if a viking 360 would work.