Menus just scroll

Cydog3

I'm sure its something I am doing incorrect but figure I would post for some help

I received my controller yesterday. I applied firmware as I wasnt sure what version it came with and read to just apply anyway.

I downloaded CallofDutyBlackOpsQuickSet.vks exported to controller. Turned on xbox and controller and my menus on the xbox dashboard screen just scroll (which is odd as that would mean its impacting the thumb sticks). I tried removing the macro set and reapplying but have the same issue

Any ideas ?

NYjetsNY1

Cydog3 said:
I'm sure its something I am doing incorrect but figure I would post for some help

I received my controller yesterday. I applied firmware as I wasnt sure what version it came with and read to just apply anyway.

I downloaded CallofDutyBlackOpsQuickSet.vks exported to controller. Turned on xbox and controller and my menus on the xbox dashboard screen just scroll (which is odd as that would mean its impacting the thumb sticks). I tried removing the macro set and reapplying but have the same issue

Any ideas ?

Sometimes xbox controllers have odd analogs. Try unplugging your xbox and replugging it in. Try redoing the firmware one the controller.

Cydog3

Ok I unplugged xobx and plugged back in 5 min later and it would get to just about the dashboard and then reboot and go in a loop that way. If I power off my viking xbox boots and works fine

I then updated firmware again, It now will boot the xbox but I do not have leds. Also now if I go into the viking software to try the blackops macro set it does not see the controller plugged in. windows errors saying it does not reconize the device

The controller does go into program mode with the 2 leds just isnt seen in software

NYjetsNY1

Cydog3 said:
Ok I unplugged xobx and plugged back in 5 min later and it would get to just about the dashboard and then reboot and go in a loop that way. If I power off my viking xbox boots and works fine

I then updated firmware again, It now will boot the xbox but I do not have leds. Also now if I go into the viking software to try the blackops macro set it does not see the controller plugged in. windows errors saying it does not reconize the device

The controller does go into program mode with the 2 leds just isnt seen in software

Restart your computer. Do not open up the viking software. Instead, open up the firmware updater 2.
Make sure you use the correct brand new firmware.
Program it / Verify. Take the controller out. Put it back in programming mode. Plug it in, redo the .vks. Turn your xbox on with a different controller. Turn off that controller. Turn on your viking controller. Do not plug it in to the play and charge kit. Try that. Also make sure your batteries are non-rechargeable and fresh.

Cydog3

when I reboot open firmware upgrade software then put controller into program and connect. I get windows error USB Device Not Recognized

The firmware that I used when it did work was FIRMWARE UPDATE 0.8.4.1B

thanks for all your help with this

NYjetsNY1

Cydog3 said:
when I reboot open firmware upgrade software then put controller into program and connect. I get windows error USB Device Not Recognized

The firmware that I used when it did work was FIRMWARE UPDATE 0.8.4.1B

thanks for all your help with this

This is a brand new macro controller right?

Take out your battery pack. Insure there are fresh batteries. Hold start, continue to hold it, and then plug the play and charge kit. Then plug it in to the computer.

Make sure it is a genuine windows computer, not a virtual machine. Try a different computer if possible.

Cydog3

Yes its Brand new I had it delivered yesterday

I tried your steps and still receive the windows errror that it does not Recognize USB device and the 2 led stay solid they do not start to spin

The O/S is windows 7 I tried it on 2 computers same results but both are windows 7 one is 32bit other 64bit

So first windows error is device driver software is not successfuly installed then it goes to USB device not reconized. Is there a windows 7 driver Ishould be using ?

NYjetsNY1

Cydog3 said:
Yes its Brand new I had it delivered yesterday

I tried your steps and still receive the windows errror that it does not Recognize USB device and the 2 led stay solid they do not start to spin

The O/S is windows 7 I tried it on 2 computers same results but both are windows 7 one is 32bit other 64bit

So first windows error is device driver software is not successfuly installed then it goes to USB device not reconized. Is there a windows 7 driver Ishould be using ?

No, it seems somehow you broke the driver while flashing the firmware.

Make a ticket and let them know what happend.
http://viking360.com/support/support-tickets

They will assist you, and you'll most likely have to send the controller back.

Cydog3

"I broke" the driver by following the video instructions on how to flash the controller LOL

Not to mention the reason I was flashing was becuase the controller was acting crazy which I took a video of with my phone

So now I have a 200 dollar controller (less than 24hrs)that acts like a 50 dollar one .. How cool is that

NYjetsNY1

Cydog3 said:
"I broke" the driver by following the video instructions on how to flash the controller LOL

Not to mention the reason I was flashing was becuase the controller was acting crazy which I took a video of with my phone

So now I have a 200 dollar controller (less than 24hrs)that acts like a 50 dollar one .. How cool is that

Sorry, it does happen again.

The customer service is fantastic. If you cannot fix your problem at your own house, you send it back, free of charge, and will receive a fixed or new one within basically a week!

Open a ticket.

Cydog3

OK great thanks ! I did open a ticket at 8:20 est

Thanks again for all your help trying to get me up and running!

odingalt

Staff member
Sounds broked to me. Let us know if the support ticket peoples don't get you hooked with the repairs!

Cydog3

odingalt said:
Sounds broked to me. Let us know if the support ticket peoples don't get you hooked with the repairs!

Thanks , They did get back to me and I shipped it back on Friday. Hoping for a quick turn around since it was a brand new unit.

Cydog3

The service was excellent got the controller back and everything is now working properly! and the turnaround time on service was great!

Thanks for all the help