Microsoft....YES!!!!

Jonny

Ha, I can just immagen in the interview:
Microsoft - "so what do you currently do for a living / in your free time?"
You - "well I mod xbox controllers"
Microsoft - "soo..."
:L

But yeah, congratulations on the job. Does this mean no more modding for you?
Giving your background of what you do, I can only guess that they would get you working on ways to counter the modification of their products (such as rapid fire and Jtag ect..)

Hope it all goes well for you.

Fredrow

Ha, I can just immagen in the interview:
Microsoft - "so what do you currently do for a living / in your free time?"
You - "well I mod xbox controllers"
Microsoft - "soo..."
:L

But yeah, congratulations on the job. Does this mean no more modding for you?
Giving your background of what you do, I can only guess that they would get you working on ways to counter the modification of their products (such as rapid fire and Jtag ect..)

Hope it all goes well for you.

You know that is what I kinda figured too but during the interview they were pretty impressed about the modded controller work but they also made it clear that they will not be working so much with the controllers and the job will focus way more on working with the consoles....

odingalt

Staff member
Booo Yeaaahhhh, I got it!!! The only crappy thing is that I dont start tell the 23rd of this Month, oh well at least I landed the job!!!

Thanks to everyone for your comments and support.... That's awesome!!!!

First off congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

$$$$ WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF THE WORKING MAN. Get ready to pay more taxes. You're now in the "53%" my friend. (Not that you weren't working before). But the farther you go in your career, the more you will be supporting the rest of the deadbeats in this country by paying more and more taxes until finally you just decide to stop working because it's not worth it lol

Be sure to open a savings account IMMEDIATELY. I mean it. Otherwise you are going to party that hard earned cash away. Your expenses grow with your paycheck, it's human nature. Do yourself a favor and start a nest egg. No matter if your car is still a beater or if your home has leaky holes in the roof - even if it means socking away $25 per paycheck and not touching it - do it! Some day you'll have **** happen in your life and you'll be glad you have an extra bankroll in the cupboard.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
That's great, hope you enjoy it as much as you think you will. Yeah, I live pretty close to Toronto, my dad actually woks there.. I didn't know Wu-Tang had any sort of offices there though lol.

modded matt

your going to be working in hardware right? It wont be long before we can go to walmart and buy a tricked out controller. lol Congrats

I dont think I need to tell you to be careful with what you sign dealing with a corp like MS. Good luck to you sir.

Fredrow

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on the third page of this thread that gave me a positive comment!!!! All of these comments are super great and I'm thankful
for all the kind words & praises you have sent my way!!!

But just an update; because of the wicked storm we just had in my area (Which got so bad Washington State declared it was in a 'State of Emergency')
my start date got pushed back to the 30th of this month instead of starting this coming Monday the 23rd!!!! At this point I just wanna start work, I've never had a job
were I can't wait to be at work!!!

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Thats a bummer man I hope they can get you all figured out so you can start your job on the 30th no more storms! haha.

djcdc

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone on the third page of this thread that gave me a positive comment!!!! All of these comments are super great and I'm thankful
for all the kind words & praises you have sent my way!!!

But just an update; because of the wicked storm we just had in my area (Which got so bad Washington State declared it was in a 'State of Emergency')
my start date got pushed back to the 30th of this month instead of starting this coming Monday the 23rd!!!! At this point I just wanna start work, I've never had a job
were I can't wait to be at work!!!

Congrats! FredRow!!!!

Getting to work your dream job is always a great feeling. My first dream job was when I landed a Security position after being a hacker. My second dream job was working for Cisco but it was short lived. I was laid off after 3 months. However the cons to working for a company like Microsoft or other big companies like them is that you will sign away all intellectual property rights while you work for them. So whatever designs and totally sick ideas you come up with, they will own and you will not get anything extra for that. They may give you a bonus, but it will not be as much as you deserve. All companies do this unfortunately. However, working in the tech field is a really cool world unlike any other. So by all means enjoy it. I am a systems engineer with expertise in Security, Networking, and Systems administration. everyday I work my job, it doesnt feel like work. I make right around 6 figures. Unlike you, I dont have a college degree but I plan on finishing in the near future. So again I say ENJOY your new found success!! it can only lead to better things.

I know you cant reveal anything about the hardware coming out. but if you could give us an estimated timeframe, that would be cool, but dont lose your job for it.

LMAO MODS

congrats man what a great achievement (you just added 5000 g to your gamer score lol ) i hope it goes well for you and you last long there... please if they even try to ban me.. its your job you MUST stop them lol.... good luck

40_ounce

21cbjit.jpg