Modblock?

johnny8s

I have tried all rapidfires for FAL and this is what happens.
In multiplayer I can rapidfire at anything but an enemy. Is this modblocking or do I just have a shitty internet?
I can shoot at helis, rocks and walls with no skips but when an enemy runs across my line of fire my FAL completely stops shooting then fires again when they are past my line of fire. M14 works great. No problems there. Just the FAL. Tried all rapidfires from slow to fast and same effect all around.
Simplest thing to do is quit using the FAL but would like to know what is going on here.

Remmnever

I use the FAL daily with rapid fire. I use the 8.9 sps macro that is found in the macro library. I get a skip or slow start every once and a while but for the most part it works perfectly. I have 4 green bars in most of my online games.

If you have a bad connection you can download the 8.9 sps macro and decrease the time multiplier settings to find a sweet spot for you.

NYjetsNY1

Sounds like a low battery issue or connection. Try fresh batteries first, then try decreasing the speed. Try the .89 and decrease if fresh batteries don't help.

johnny8s

I'll give it a "shot" and let you know later this evening.
3 bars always. Always fresh battery. No other dsl service available out here in the sticks where I live.

NYjetsNY1

johnny8s said:
3 bars always. Always fresh battery. No other dsl service available out here in the sticks where I live.

Alright, sounds like a connection problem then.

I mostly have high 3 bar or low 4 bar.

If you have 3 bar always, that means you are in the 2-3 range, which also means you need to slow your rapidfire down. Try .87 ... dunno ... experiment.

azagorath

i use 5 SPS with FAL and it never skip not once , black ops have bad connections sometime plus lag . it might be your internet connection . try slower speeds and see if it skips ,

NYjetsNY1

azagorath said:
i use 5 SPS with FAL and it never skip not once , black ops have bad connections sometime plus lag . it might be your internet connection . try slower speeds and see if it skips ,

Well of course 5SPS won't get mod-blocked, I can shoot faster with my finger!!!

But yeah try something in the 7-8.9 range.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

johnny8s said:
DSL sucks you dont have fios or cable out there?

PS3andCOD

Contributor
lol I'd love to have DSL... I can't even get DSL in my area. Cable is only in big cities. I have a crappy wireless service

NYjetsNY1

PS3andCOD said:
lol I'd love to have DSL... I can't even get DSL in my area. Cable is only in big cities. I have a crappy wireless service

I have cable and it is 100x better than DSL. I wish I could get fios, but not in my area.

NYjetsNY1

PS3andCOD said:
Is fios fibre wire? It's called bell fibe here if you can get it...

"No faux fiber

Even though some broadband Internet service providers use fiber optics in addition to coaxial cable, Verizon FiOS is the only major network that delivers ultra-fast Internet on 100% fiber optics straight to your home."

Fiber optic, not in my area though :(

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

NYjetsNY1 said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
i have the official sponsor of MLG 2009 as my provider(comcast cable)

Cool! Comcast is pretty good, isn't it cable though? Basically same as my connection.
yes. I could get Fios but i feel that fiber optics arnt tested enough to be reliable so i will stick to cable for the next couple years....as for DSL my grand parents just got rid of that and got Fios and DSL IMO is the same thing as dial up.

NYjetsNY1

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
i have the official sponsor of MLG 2009 as my provider(comcast cable)

Cool! Comcast is pretty good, isn't it cable though? Basically same as my connection.
yes. I could get Fios but i feel that fiber optics arnt tested enough to be reliable so i will stick to cable for the next couple years....as for DSL my grand parents just got rid of that and got Fios and DSL IMO is the same thing as dial up.

Yeah when I had DSL my thing was slower than molassses! It was horrible!

Fios>Cable>DSL>Dial-up

Fios is light years ahead of Cable, Cable is a ton ahead of DSL, and DSL is only a bit better than dial up.