Modding PnC For Programming

mlongo3

Hey, I guess my topic wasn't able to be recovered :/

But Ohh well, Anyways I just wanted to see if you guys can still help me out with the PnC Programming (Most Likely Fredrow).

If you guys need a retouch with my problem, I would be more than happy to explain it again.

Thanks,

Xx Binno xX

So do you have a legacy controller correct? Well do you have a 3.5mm jack and you want to change to the PNC port option? or are you installing the bored your self?

mlongo3

(I'm guessing you meant to say "Board", sorry If I offended you in any way.)

But yes, I'm re-installing my Odins Raven, but this time I'm gonna have the programming done through the PnC instead of my 3.5mm Jack (Please don't ask why Don't I just use the 3.5mm Jack option). Anyways, Fredrow was helping me out by going through a step-by-step process on how to Mod the PnC PCB and not the actual Xbox 360 Controller PCB.

If you guys need anymore info please just ask.

Thanks,

Fredrow

Hey man!

Sorry about the delay, I had my brother and his family (wife+kids) come down from AK and stay at my place for the past week. So I didnt have any extra time to spend on this project yet! But they are all gone now so I now I can focus my time towards this and the two other repairs I got going on. Just hold tight and by tomorrow I will have some pics for you to follow to get this cable thing wrapped up!!

Thanks!

mlongo3

Hey man!

Sorry about the delay, I had my brother and his family (wife+kids) come down from AK and stay at my place for the past week. So I didnt have any extra time to spend on this project yet! But they are all gone now so I now I can focus my time towards this and the two other repairs I got going on. Just hold tight and by tomorrow I will have some pics for you to follow to get this cable thing wrapped up!!

Thanks!

Thanks Man! No problem I'll wait :D

Fredrow

Yo Bentley.....

SO I was thinking about this and I can't remember why hacking the pNc cable was done before E' started using the controllers PCB.... I think Gameroms aka'-SCAMROMS- was the first person I saw that hacked the pNc cable to program a V360 Sleeper..... The sleeper later got a name change to the Thor's Hammer....

But after thinking about it I can't remember why he did it that way.. There use to be a thread that SCAMROMS had and it was this all black piano-V1 XCM case, it was either Black Piano or that all Black grip textured styled XCM shell-V1..... Well the point being I think E' started doing it from the controllers PCB because it was about 5x faster than hacking the cord-male-end.... I can't remember why that fool SR hacked the cable instead of doing the PCB....

So for a quick solution for now is to just cut the traces on the PCB for now so that you can program it, because that trace is easier to repair than one on the inside of that header.... No point of hacking that yet until I can remember why or dig up some info that will justify even hacking the header-cable side....

IDK.... What's your take on it??

I think you might have had an idea of how you were planning on going about this?

mlongo3

Okay, No problem Fredrow.

But do you think you could help me out with the traces? Like I know i have to cut then but do I solder the wire to the trace of the circle solder point?

Thanks for your help anyways!

Fredrow

Okay, No problem Fredrow.

But do you think you could help me out with the traces? Like I know i have to cut then but do I solder the wire to the trace of the circle solder point?

Thanks for your help anyways!

Not a problem, I can help you with this!!

You do need to cut 2 traces. One trace is for D- and the other trace is for D+. Just be careful to just cut those two traces!!

Then you just solder two wires from the V360 chip to the D- and D+ solder points at the top of the controllers PCB...

In short all your doing to the controller is isolating those two solder points so that they are not communicating with the controllers MCU anymore. So that you can highjack them and use them to programming the V360 chip...