Modern Warfare 3

Xx Binno xX

If we're getting a Modern Warfare 3 this November, it's going to come at the cost of an Call of Duty spin-off from the head creator of Dead Space, the Los Angeles Times reported today.

Citing "people familiar with the situation," the paper says that Infinity Ward, the studio behind the last two Modern Warfares isn't going to get Modern Warfare 3 done alone. Parent company Activision is enlisting the help of its Sledgehammer Games and Raven studios to make the game.

Infinity Ward's struggles are believable, given that the founders and dozens of key members of the studio were fired or quit last spring.

Modern Warfare games have usually taken two years to make and that kind of distraction would seem to have delayed such a schedule. Sledgehammer is a new Activision studio headed by two of the top creators behind the horror sci-fi series Dead Space, which is now made without them at rival company EA.

Sledgehammer has been working on a Call of Duty of its own, one originally thought to be a third-person game but more recently touted as a first-person shooter. The Times reports that Sledgehammer is working on Modern Warfare 3's single-player with Infinity Ward and that Raven, the studio behind many shooters and action games including last year's Singularity, is helping with multiplayer.

Activision has clarified up none of this, but did tell Kotaku today that "There's been much speculation recently. We look forward to releasing details for the next Call of Duty in the near future."

Activision calls in reinforcements for next Call of Duty game [Los Angeles Times]

Send an email to Stephen Totilo, the author of this post, at stephentotilo@kotaku.com.

this is from http://kotaku.com/5739152/report-modern-warfare-3-coming-in-november-spin+off-delayed-to-get-it-done

NYjetsNY1

Best cod =

>11 killstreak reward
Killstreaks get killstreaks (Some, not all, make sure they let us know which do and don't no helicopters can get you another killstreak but napalms can)
No nuke
Great Perks but balanced

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

NYjetsNY1 said:
Best cod =

>11 killstreak reward
Killstreaks get killstreaks (Some, not all, make sure they let us know which do and don't no helicopters can get you another killstreak but napalms can)
No nuke
Great Perks but balanced
i say....go back to the CoD4 engine!!!!

So MW3 is the next COD!!! They are having 3 studios work on this game so I'm really curious to see what the game is going to turn out like! I mean if they want to make a decent COD they should:

1st. Keep the game play and graphics/details from MW2, super fun and fast paced, BO just seems slow...

2nd. Take out the perks that can easily be abused or promote camping like OMA for noobtubes, Commando for knifing and Danger Close please!!!

3rd. Keep killstreaks simple and fun, non-stackable like in BO. No nuke!

4th. Maybe even keep the customization of character/ emblems like in BO

That's just my opinion! But ultimately I just hope they don't ruin it!!!

azagorath

i am done with IW unless they stop making non sense crap then may be i will be back to modern warfare , as long as they make crap like non sense perks and noob crap and actually protect the game and release patches , i will not even look at it