MW2 Rapid Fire problem + Question's

MODz

Hey, i noticed that the mw2 rapid fire for my Thor's Hammer is REALLY slow. I also saw in a patch i downloaded in the READ FIRST.txt it said that i have to click, Allow Configuration, or sumthin lik that. I didnt click it yet. Could that be the reason??

ALSO, whats the fastest speed for the FAL. I know theres a post about this but i tried those speeds and it shot 2-3 BPS.
Under custom rapid fire what # should i put?? Thx in advance.

modded matt

I could be wrong, but I would assume the patch is a added security for the viking chip, you should install that, its prolly a read protect script disallowing the hex to be decompiled. IDK just a big guess, but none the less install that to your chip otherwise you will not recieve support or updates.

as for sps in mw2 its just normal rapid fire mode somewhere around 10sps

PS3andCOD

Contributor
The patch is actually important for the CG2 board controllers to work properly. For custum rapid fire, there are many different opinions. I would try out 10, 22, and 33. Those are the three people claim to work well, and like. Try them all, and pick the one you think works the best.

IrishStyle

PS3 is right on the money. The allow configuration is for the CG2 boards. You only need to do it one time, not everytime you program a preset.

Fredrow

[color=#00FFFF said:
IrishStyle[/color]] PS3 is right on the money. The allow configuration is for the CG2 boards. You only need to do it one time, not everytime you program a preset.

He is only 50% right!!!!

Maybe PS3 should go back and worry more about the PS3 from now on!!!!! :eek:---->'Oh Snap' II

The 'Allow Configuration' is also for the Matrix board too.

And I think it would be needed for the CG board, if it is wired up a certain way....(I'm not a 100%, damn I'm not even 30% sure about this theory yet, but once I figure this out I will shed some light on what the hell I'm talking about!!!!)

'Wipe Me Down'

modded matt

PS3andCOD said:
Actually, I was 100% right in this case, because he has a thor's hammer. OH SNAP!!!
which means NOTHING.........oh snap

correct me if I am wrong, but when the GUI was first introduced, you had to load other drivers and what not to get it to work right? you dont have to do all that now correct? now all you have to do is load this one time update. what does that sound like to you?????? security update, I would bet it is a security update to allow user made hex files (only from the editor) onto the viking chip.

there is only one person who knows for sure though

Fredrow

PS3andCOD said:
Actually, I was 100% right in this case, because he has a thor's hammer. OH SNAP!!!

Yeah your right! For this question you are 100% right.......

The "Allow configuration Word" box only needs to be checked once, and is usually already done before it gets sent out to the users.

This step only needs to be done to controllers that have either the Matrix board, or the CG2 board inside of them. The reason for this is because the Matrix and CG2 boards do not have a switching PS built into them.

I can explain this more later because In running late for school!!!

Peace!

PS3andCOD

Contributor
modded matt said:
PS3andCOD said:
which means NOTHING.........oh snap

correct me if I am wrong, but when the GUI was first introduced, you had to load other drivers and what not to get it to work right? you dont have to do all that now correct? now all you have to do is load this one time update. what does that sound like to you?????? security update, I would bet it is a security update to allow user made hex files (only from the editor) onto the viking chip.

there is only one person who knows for sure though

The allow configureation has been around much longer than the preset editor. The original "primer codes" could have been security updates, but not the allow configureation.

odingalt

Staff member
I've had two critical updates since the Viking chip was born that required the use of the 'allow configuration word programming' button.

1) Irish actually bricked his controller. Here's how it happened. I was putting out .hex files with incorrect configuration bits (these are critical operational parameters stored in the Microchip). When you click 'allow configuration word programming' you're actually unlocking those bits. Then the next .hex file you flash will overwrite any bits (if the bits are defined in that .hex file). Well in any case, Irish was having problems one day so he decided to try clicking that "allow configuration word programming" box. He also happened to have one of my .hex files that had the wrong bits. So his mod chip got flashed with the wrong bits (the particular settings screwed up his USB clock so he could NO LONGER flash the mod chip lol). So needless to say I immediately fixed all of my hardware and instructed users to NOT press the allow configuration word programming box unless they had a .hex file that was a certain date or newer (all those .hex files have been removed from the Viking website a long long time ago)

2.) CG2 controller came out. I wrote in a 'sleep timer' into a lot of the drivers, whereby the mod chip counts up to about 11 minutes and puts itself to sleep if the user doesn't push any buttons. That way when your controller auto shuts off from being idle at about 12 minutes, the mod chip doesn't keep the LED's lit. In order for this new code to work, you have to have applied the right configuration bits (and if you've checked the allowed configuration button at least once while loading a driver dated 10/21/2009 or newer, then your controller now has those bits).

You'll notice on some very old drivers like the COD5 Nazi Zombie mode, once you flash your controller, you can't get it back into programming mode without holding down the Sync buttno BEFORE you even put the batteries in. This is because while your controller probably has the newest configuration bits in it, but the COD5 zombie code is older than 10/21/2010 and never got the right sleep timer code. So it doesn't work properly. Basically it's the wrong software for the wrong firmware.

I'd love to re-write this because I just confused mywelf but I hope you get the main picture. There's the .hex files that have the rapidfire code, then there's these configuration bits stored in the microchip. They all have to work hand in hand. The only way to update those config bits is to check the box. For awhile around October->January, people were having all sorts of random problems but it was because their controllers didn't have the updated config bits yet, but they were trying to run newer .hex that required the microchip to have the newer config bits.