My controllers messed up! :(

Toymachine363

ok so for no reason, today my sleeper decided it wants the RB button to stick when i press it. even if i just hold it, it takes a second to go out again. im still within the 90 day warantee but i dont know if im covered. can somone help me out? :'(

Contact support

http://viking360.com/support/

Fredrow

Did you drop your controller? And don't lie, because we can tell......

When you say it sticks, do you mean it’s more of a mechanical problem? A hardware problem? Or a Software problem?

Toymachine363

yeah it was dropped but on like thick thick carpet. its more of a mechanical problem i guess. or hardware. cuz when i just tap rb it stick there for a second. i mean its not like a crusial deal but i just dont want my controller to be all messed up

Itz CHARLEY

must have been grape juice. Thet has been the primary cause of my friends 3 broken xbox & xbox 360 controllers.

Toymachine363

i have 3 other xbox controllers and one of them is so old that the left stick is only 3/4ths there. i have dropped them plenty of times and they all work fine. should i open up the controller and see if something is making it stick? cuz i have the screwdriver and stuff. i just dont wanna mess up the chip on the motherboard lol

PS3andCOD

Contributor
I wouldn't open it if I were you. It voids the waranty. They might tell you too, and then you can go ahead, but not until then.

IrishStyle

Sounds like toy spilled some pepsi on his controller. If you did you could use some electrical contact cleaner to spray out the button. Just test on a small part of the controller to make sure it does not harm the finish or leave residue.

Itz CHARLEY

IrishStyle said:
Sounds like toy spilled some pepsi on his controller. If you did you could use some electrical contact cleaner to spray out the button. Just test on a small part of the controller to make sure it does not harm the finish or leave residue.
how about computer duster? lolz

Toymachine363

i definately didnt spill any soda or anything sticky on it because i pretty much only drink water but milk a little bit but im pretty sure it wasnt from that. who should i contact to ask what to do?

Itz CHARLEY

Toymachine363 said:
i definately didnt spill any soda or anything sticky on it because i pretty much only drink water but milk a little bit but im pretty sure it wasnt from that. who should i contact to ask what to do?
maybey fredrow will be able to fix it. The tact switch that is triggered by the bumper could have been bent back if your controller landed, right bumper first, when you dropped it. That would be easy to fix.