MY NEW BERSERKER IS ON ITS WAY

JIM WALKER

Looking forward to this one arriving and seeing how the differences are.
It has the newer solderless chip in it, program port has been relocated, AND, I have the brand new "type 1" paddles fitted to it. So, Viking does it again, yet more innovation to improve what is already the best controller out there. Thanks Viking Team ..............

FedEx say it will be here on Monday, sadly our customs people are a little slow at processing, so hopefully it will arrive by the end of next week .......

Last edited:

bonefisher

You got one coming already? I thought they didn't have a Berserker ready yet? I must not be on the A list!

JIM WALKER

You got one coming already? I thought they didn't have a Berserker ready yet? I must not be on the A list!

You misunderstand I think, this not the new switchable paddle version, its the original berserker with the solderless chip, but with the new paddles, hope that makes sense, lol

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Jim got the first one. :) Jim, I am working on the firmware update right now (that enables the new interchangeable paddle switches). First thing you will have to do is take the firmware update when you get the controller. I think we're on firmware version 3 right now, so you'll be on the lookout for version 4.

I got the second one of the production line (so I could work on the firmware over the weekend). I've already tested out the paddle switches on our "ragnarok" modchip, so I know they work, just a matter of adding some 1's and 0's to the Berserker firmware.

JIM WALKER

Thank you Odin, its quite an honour to get the first one, I have already promised Amanda feedback as soon as possible. I will be looking for the new firmware as soon as I get it, good luck with the "1's and 0's", rather you than me.

odingalt

Staff member
Jim, I am putting the finishing touches on the firmware this afternoon. The interchangeable blade is working, I just have "1... 2... 3... 4..." flipflopped... will take just a few attempts to get them un-flipflopped.

On the traditional tac switches, it was:

Tac #1 - Top Left
Tac #2 - Bottom Left
Tac #3 - Top Right
Tac #4 - Bottom Right

On the new blade, for blades Style 1 and Style 2:

Tac #1 - Bottom Left "Upper" (closer to battery pack)
Tac #2 - Bottom Left "Lower" (closer to mic port)
Tac #3 - Bottom Right "Upper" (closer to battery pack)
Tac #4 - Bottom Right "Lower" (closer to mic port)

I will PM you the firmware file shortly (if it will let me attach files to private messages), you can flash it by dragging and dropping it onto the Viking Forge USB App.

Looking forward to your candid feedback as always :).

The blade you get is "standard" stiffness. I forgot to ask Amanda to put extra blades in the box so not sure if you only got the one :-(. I couldn't get the soft stiffness buttons in time. In the coming weeks we will have all the blades offered in matte (these are currently a glossy finish) as well as getting them offered with "soft" stiffness. There is a "hard" stiffness, but I don't think anyone would want to go there, I won't produce the "hard" stiffness unless I hear otherwise. (The hard is really extremely stiff, maybe some of the guys with big old bear hands would need the hard stiffness to avoid accidentally pressing the buttons).

bonefisher

Does the stiff ones have that tactical feel, like the stiff tactical keys on a Razor Black Widow keyboard?

Freyja

Staff member
There was a bit of a misunderstanding when Jim ordered; he wanted paddle switches badly and didn't realize that we couldn't use the old ones because we no longer have or make the original flex chip. So he had to wait several weeks for us to finish making the new blades, but got the first one.
The Berserker is now available with blades though. Looks like we ran out of all the red ones in a day so those are missing from the list currently, but will be made again shortly.

bonefisher

There was a bit of a misunderstanding when Jim ordered; he wanted paddle switches badly and didn't realize that we couldn't use the old ones because we no longer have or make the original flex chip. So he had to wait several weeks for us to finish making the new blades, but got the first one.
The Berserker is now available with blades though. Looks like we ran out of all the red ones in a day so those are missing from the list currently, but will be made again shortly.
I was just pulling Jim's leg Freyja! Anyway just ordered one with both style 1 and 2 blades. Also sent email to make sure of address being sent too. Thanks! I put RUSH in the code but it didn't take. lol!