Need info before opening trouble ticket.

pnyxxpress

I need to send my controller back for for a problem with the right stick. When the stick is moved to the left it keeps drifing to the left.

I have also noticed the leds seem to have a mind of there own after 4 to 6 hours of play. Number one and two led does not flash when the controller is turned on. Number one led finally comes after a few minutes of play. I've tried both batteries and the battery pack. Seems to be consistant regardless of what I am using for power. This issue seems to go away after a recharge. Is it normal to get only a few hours of game play before it you are required to recharge or replace the batteries.?

Thanks

NYjetsNY1

Sorry for the delay! I had a post and right before I pressed reply, the power went out. After the power outage, family over.

At any rate, the stick moving to the left can be a few things.
1. The stock analog stick has been messed up.
2. Try restarting/unplugging your xbox 360.

The LED thing seems to be a battery issue. Try using fresh AA batteries!

The power issue sounds like it is a firmware issue! http://viking360.com/download-software-drivers/the-viking-software-record-and-playback-moves

Go to that link: http://viking360.com/download-software-drivers/the-viking-software-record-and-playback-moves

Do the newest firmware update. Make sure you have a macro controller (has 6 tacs) and follow this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5oVuclvuoM

Let me know if that fixes your issues.

Last edited by a moderator:

pnyxxpress

OK I did all that and it still has the problems. Is it normal to only get 4-6 hours game time on one of these controller before needing fresh batteries or a recharge??

Thanks.

pnyxxpress

Disappointing service. The trouble ticket has become a another forum thread. Which seems to take three days for each response

RED SOX

ModdingBros Co-Leader
The thumbstick thing is just how some 360 controllers are shipped i've had a couple stock controllers like that. and i'm guessing the Led problem has to do with the led's having a short in them.Hope i've helped
You have to give these guys time. I know u want ur controller fixed but these are grown men that i'm sure have jobs and family to worry about. they r working as hard as they can.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
pnyxxpress what is your ticket number or your name on the ticket system, I can log in to follow up on your ticket?

odingalt

Staff member
Ok I got your ticket. This is common on Microsoft controllers - if you go down to Best Buy and purchase a brand new controller, it's going to do this. I have about 10 controllers at my home office and about 6 of them do this. Microsoft is just not apparently producing quality these days.

pnyxxpress

If I bought it at best buy and it had a problem it wouldn't matter if it cost 40 or 500. They would exchange it. Are you going to exchange it? Additionally, if it is such known common problem then it would have been easy to detech before it was sold.

There still is the issue of the power consumtpion.

It's a great controller but I'm just getting excuses now I need service and warranty work after the sale.

Thanks

odingalt

Staff member
Additionally, if it is such known common problem then it would have been easy to detech before it was sold.

I hear this from customers all the time and it just makes my blood boil. Our employees play with each ****ing controller for 20 minutes. Not all problems show up during testing, no matter how long we sit in front of the console testing the controller.

In any case, they updated the ticket, send in the controller!

pnyxxpress

The problem was obvious the first time I used the controller. It's not like it was working before the ****ing controller was shipped.

Additionally, It's not like I didn't use these support forums to resolve the issue before seeking warranty work or a replacement. Yes, a week later they have updated the ticket. I purchased this controller about a month ago. Two weeks of that has been using these forums and finally waiting on the ticket be updated. Here is the update in the ticket.

If it doesn't improve, they'll need to throw away the whole mod and replace it. It's a $140 replacement (the most cost about $140 to replace - $50 for the controller, $40 for the modchip, plus labor).
Ship it in to the shop. The shop is located at:
Viking360.com LLC
Attn: Returns
3180 W Clearwater Ave Ste P
Kennewick, WA 99336
Be sure to include a copy of the ticket in the box, and also include your full name, e-mail address and return shipping information. This information will help in the very unlikely event the parcel company damages the label on the outside of the box - they would be able to open the box and find your contact information inside.

I paid nearly $200.00 for this controller 4 weeks ago. Now I need to pay to have the controller fixed. Do I understand this corrrectly?

Thanks

pnyxxpress

Ticket Follow-up.

They did not mean to imply these repairs would you cost you any money as you are under warranty. Just a friendly reminder that the mods are very expensive to produce, but the staff wants to keep the customer happy!