New Berserker owner <Issue with rebooting>

Snuffy

Hello guys, I have just got home for the weekend and have my new Berserker, just so happens to be 2xp weekend for BO3.

Can you tell me what rune pack would be good for a 1st time user. I am looking in the forge and see 4 packs
for BO3 by Bone.

When I open one up I see pages and groups, and it's all Greek to me. I do not know the difference between pages and groups.

I want to use my Berserker to enjoy gameplay and not get into the details of programming for this weekend.

If anyone could point me to a rune pack and how to operate it I would be most grateful.

I have a new Xbox One and I am just starting out in BO3......Level 1

Thanks,
Snuffy

Snuffy

Ok when I connect my controller to my PC and open up Viking Forge USB, I see a list of rune packs that I have put in my account. After I click and load a rune pack am I supposed to click "reboot"?

Every time I click on reboot I get "Cannot write to HID device" and my controller locks up.

Last edited:

Snuffy

Hey Bone, it says I have the up to date firmware, and I don't see a update firmware option. Head is messed up from a weeks work, don't feel like thinking anymore..I'm just gonna go back to my Ragnorak tonight and unwind with it. I'll get up with you later.

bonefisher

On the app under reboot is the update firmware... Just click on that and it will update when you are in programming mode.. click it!

bonefisher

Well it says firmware up to date.... On the right side of the rune pack when controller is connected if you move your mouse over the right side you'll see load in green meaning your connected and read if your not connected. Hit the load of which rune pack you want on there and then you'll see a bar in a few seconds start loading and when done it will say reboot then tap it.

Snuffy

I guess I'll have to send it back. I have deleted and reinstalled the app, the pack appears to load ok.... it's green and it takes a few seconds to load....but when I try to reboot, I still get the error.

I will try it on another machine tomorrow to see if that makes any difference.

Snuffy

Odin, in case you read this, I have went to another machine and tried the reboot. I found out if I double-click on the reboot link I get the HID device error and the controller locks up. If I single click, the controller disconnects and does not reboot.

I can connect to the Forge USB fine....I get the 4 purple LEDs flashing....I can load rune packs.....the progress bar comes up and loads them properly. I can sync recordings....whatever the hell that means....with no problems.

But when I try to reboot the modchip it locks up, and most of the time I get an LED color sequence of:

top left= blue
top right= green
bottom left= red
bottom right= LED off

The only way to reset is to unhook the USB cables and remove the batteries.

I have tried rebooting the chip as soon as I connect to the Forge without doing anything;
loading a rune and then trying to reboot;
synch recordings and then trying to reboot; all with the same results.

I have tried 3 different sets of batteries verified with two separate battery testers and they are at full charge, and four different USB cables (besides the two that came with the controller).

Both machines are running Windows 7 Ultimate and were rebooted twice after the loading of the Forge app.

Yeah I'm anal like that....o_O

Any advice or other troubleshooting methods appreciated,

Snuffy

Last edited:

bonefisher

Try loading rune pack and then disconnecting after you see it loaded, then pull batteries out/ in and turning it on to see if it took.

Snuffy

I am wanting to try to build a rune that will blink the LEDs different colors to test what Bone is saying. I don't know what I'm doing....I am trying to create a new rune under led sequence
but when I save it and then try to create a rune pack it doesn't show that rune in the drop down????

bonefisher

When you unplug and restart you should have a red white , blue and yellow light come but they won't do anything other than let you know it is working.

Snuffy

Ok it works.....I loaded the rune you made, and then just unplugged cable and removed batteries. When I started controller I have the lights like you describe.

What does that mean?