New Berserker owner <Issue with rebooting>

Snuffy

Well it says firmware up to date.... On the right side of the rune pack when controller is connected if you move your mouse over the right side you'll see load in green meaning your connected and read if your not connected. Hit the load of which rune pack you want on there and then you'll see a bar in a few seconds start loading and when done it will say reboot then tap it.

So the option on the right side of the rune pack should change from "load" to "reboot"? I have been using the "reboot" down at the bottom.

The techs have never run across this issue before!

I may try another computer that does not have Windows 7 installed.

Snuffy

Another question: when you go to Control Panel, uninstall programs, is the Viking Forge App program listed?? It is not on both of my computers, but the old Xbox 360 Ragnorak controller software is.

I don't think it's writing anything to the registry.

bonefisher

So the option on the right side of the rune pack should change from "load" to "reboot"? I have been using the "reboot" down at the bottom.

The techs have never run across this issue before!

I may try another computer that does not have Windows 7 installed.
THe option on the right side is to load the rune pack and after you see the bar load and disappear then you hit reboot..... Maybe windows 7 is told old for the app... I was running 8.1 pro before and now Windows 10 pro which the app works fine.... Go to website and download that one... It's mid way down were the berserker page is on....

odingalt

Staff member
Sorry have been completely slammed and haven't been on the forums in over a week

Don't double click and then problem solved??? :)

Did you want to try one of the older versions of the App?

http://www.vikingdigital.com/downloads/xbox-one/berserker/Berserker-Windows-App-9-24-2015.zip
http://www.vikingdigital.com/downloads/xbox-one/berserker/Berserker-Windows-App-10-6-2015.zip

My guess is the software doesn't halt you from clicking to try to execute additional commands after you click it once. Basically it must bombard the controller with two USB packets simultaneously or something stupid. Sounds like in the next release of the app I need to have the software pause/stop accepting clicks from the user once they click the reboot. Though normally on my computer at least the reboot is so quick I never thought to try to get a double click in there. Some people are just double clickers and I am not one :)

Also Snuffy your screenshot doesn't look like anything like Windows 7... are you sure it's native Windows 7? Why is your start button square like that? On mine it's a round one (I'm running same o/s).

odingalt

Staff member
I'm Windows 7 Ultimate on service pack 1. This is actually my main development/test machine as well (meaning it's the machine I develop the software on and test on before releasing so if anything it should work damn well on Windows 7 Ultimate :-( ). I'm trying but can't get this problem to repeat yet. Will try to do some more research. It smells like a software bug but it's difficult to find a solution until I can get my computer to repeat the problem :-(

Snuffy

Odin, I do not know what to do.

I tried it on a 3rd computer that had Windows 7 Home and had the same results.

I upgraded one of my personal computers to Windows 10 ( I regret it coz I don't like the W10 interface...) and still had the same results.

I installed the two older versions of the Forge App on both the W10 and W7 Ultimate PCs and I still have the same problem.......yes it is driving me crazy.

HOWEVER , I am reluctant to send it back to you coz I enjoy using it. It WILL load the rune packs....I just have to unplug my USB cable and remove my batteries instead of clicking the reboot button...

when I replace the batteries and start the controller back up, it has the chosen rune pack loaded.... The controller will, however Freeze up at times while I am playing BO3 and I have to remove/replace the batteries.......

I still have some other troubleshooting options I would like to try before I decide to send it back, If that is okay with you, plus I have not had that much time to use the controller....less that 3 hours total.

I do want to send it back to you to see if the problem still occurs, if it does not, I may take my shotgun to my PCs...:)

Snuffy

odingalt

Staff member
I'm wondering if this controller has some sort of a problem with it. I think it would be worth sending it back. Either there's a high chance I can re-create it or we can just swap it out. We are all for just trying a different/new controller! I will update the helpdesk ticket with the standard return instructions.

Snuffy

Thanks Odin....I know you guys are honest and legit....I have ordered a PS4 Ragnorak yesterday to hold me over until the PS4 Berserker becomes available.....

I will send the Xbox One Berserker back.

I really, really, enjoy the options that you have put in the Berserker controllers....

odingalt

Staff member
Snuffy

We couldn't repeat the problem. Tried on Mac OS X Mavericks, tried on Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate Edition, tried on Windows 10, tried on Windows 8, tried on Windows 8.1 I'm at a loss on this one. I don't know what would cause it to not work on all your computers. There has to be something similar on all of your computers (I mean it could be some sort of software/driver conflict, something our App is buggy with that is also installed on your computer but not on all our computers, a USB hub or a USB cable) In any case will contact you by e-mail shortly to follow up.

odingalt

Staff member
For posterity of this thread and in case other customers find this thread, I am posting this as it is the most common troubleshooting tip that helps with XBOXB One Berserker app problems:

When programming your XBOX One Berserker, you must either sync the controller to a near by XBOX One console, or, plug a SECOND USB cable from the charge port on the controller to your PC. Doing this will prevent the controller from going to sleep in the middle of trying to program it. (The XBOX One controller has a power saving feature, if it doesn't connect to a console or a PC in about 45 seconds, it goes to sleep - which also puts the Berserker modchip to sleep.)