NEW BERSERKER WITH SWITCHABLE PADDLES UPDATE

JIM WALKER

I have just received the new version Berserker, as soon as it arrived I reprogrammed it with the version 4 firmware (only for the new berserker), loaded a rune pack for Destiny, PRESTO, it works perfectly.
I had to rewrite my rune pack, but only to change the tac switches round to suit my game and finger position preference on the new paddles. Initially it felt a little odd to have 4 tac switch controls underneath instead of just the 2, 10mins of playing and it felt totally natural though, (I have the "style 1" paddles fitted) one above the other as opposed to side by side, again, personal preference, plus, I no longer have to take my thumb off the sticks to activate the top tac switches, the different paddle design options are going to revolutionise controllers, Viking, I think, have struck gold with this one.
The sensitivity is perfect for me (mine are "average feel"), there will be a "soft feel" version as well.
The chat adapter now fits without issue, (though I use wireless myself).
The controller program USB has been moved, (the previous position was a pain in the a**), no such problem now, you can even put your controller down while you program it without the cable catching or dislodging.
IN CONCLUSION .... THIS NEW PADDLE SYSTEM IS AMAZINGLY GOOD.
With the added 10/10 feature of being able to switch out your paddles whenever you want in less than 5 mins.
I will update further if anything else relevant is discovered.

Last edited:

morinzo

I see the new paddles are an option for Berserker now so I'm guessing it's ready?? Last update I saw the code was still being worked on..

odingalt

Staff member
Maybe it was XBOX-One-Berserker-firmware-unofficial-6-4-2015-001.hex ? I can e-mail that one.