New chat adapter

JIM WALKER

I have just received the new chat adapter from Microsoft .... IT DOES NOT FIT THE BERSERKER !!!!!! Sadly, they have made it bigger than the previous version so the paddles prevent it from slotting home ....

If anyone is attending the video session tonight can they mention it to Einar ....

bonefisher

Did you get a email for video session or is it the same one from last time? I will tell him if I get in there!

JIM WALKER

Did you get a email for video session or is it the same one from last time? I will tell him if I get in there!

no e-mail, saw it on the FB page, have sent him a personal message as well, plus will do a ticket .... it will involve a design change to the paddles, OR, he permits me to cut off the "V" end from the paddles, without losing the warranty, doubt it though ....

EDIT .... WAS LOOKING AT LAST WEEKS POST .... MY BAD

Last edited:

JIM WALKER

odingalt

Staff member
This actually came up last week in the second webcast. There's nothing we can do, it took almost 3 months to get the supplier to get us those paddle switches, God knows how long it could take to see a re-design come down the pipe. For now we are advertising Berserker paddle switches as "NOT compatible with the XBOX One stereo headset adapter". They ARE compatible with the stock Microsoft headset. Such a shame but out of our hands.

If you guys haven't already learned, I am subjecto Murphy's Law every day of my life. Nothing ever goes well for me, and I'm never lucky. About the same time we finally open up the paddles in multiple colors, Microsoft gets off their *** and releases the stereo headset adapter and oh why in the **** they couldn't just make the puck the same size as their existing headset is beyond me... pardon my French.

JIM WALKER

This actually came up last week in the second webcast. There's nothing we can do, it took almost 3 months to get the supplier to get us those paddle switches, God knows how long it could take to see a re-design come down the pipe. For now we are advertising Berserker paddle switches as "NOT compatible with the XBOX One stereo headset adapter". They ARE compatible with the stock Microsoft headset. Such a shame but out of our hands.

If you guys haven't already learned, I am subjecto Murphy's Law every day of my life. Nothing ever goes well for me, and I'm never lucky. About the same time we finally open up the paddles in multiple colors, Microsoft gets off their *** and releases the stereo headset adapter and oh why in the **** they couldn't just make the puck the same size as their existing headset is beyond me... pardon my French.

Really feel for you guys, after all the hard work to perfect the berserker, this happens, not to worry, I will resolve it, either by cutting and shaping the new adapter to fit around the paddles (first option) or, if necessary I will trim off the "V" section of the paddles, probably will void the warranty but needs must as they say, thanks for the reply though.

oDEEKo

I don't have a set of paddles to be able to test this out, but could be worth trying if anyone has access to appropriate parts..

Replace with thicker/add another spacer between the paddle and the controller, so the paddle sits further away from the controller back face? Would probably require some longer screws too.

Not sure how much flex/movement there is in the paddle, but I guess it could need a 'nub' (technical term ;) ) or similar gluing to the back of the paddle to close the gap between it and the tac switch too, to make sure it still operates the tac properly.

SHawking

Odin, on a separate (and somewhat separate) note, would it be possible to see a picture of the different paddle colours? Just trying to figure out what clear orange looks like, and say how the white paddles would look against the black of a standard controller etc.

Thanks so much :)

csparker88

i started a trouble ticket about this as well. may try to cut a 'v' in the paddle, above the 'V', to bend it away from the adapter, then reinforce with some jb weld and sheet metal...... or i may return it. TBD.

JIM WALKER

i started a trouble ticket about this as well. may try to cut a 'v' in the paddle, above the 'V', to bend it away from the adapter, then reinforce with some jb weld and sheet metal...... or i may return it. TBD.

No point in returning it, as odin has said, there is nothing they can do, this adapter was released after the design of the paddles was complete, I have already removed some of the adapter edge, but it still doesn't fit, the only option now is to remove a small section of the paddles to make room for it, BUT, I think doing this would void the warranty, so it would be your risk ....

JIM WALKER

I think you should some how mod the chat adapter and not mess with the controller.

There is nothing left on the adapter to change, have skimmed off everything I can without exposing the innards, so the only option is to trim the paddles, which I am NOT going to do, not yet anyway. Still have the original adapter to use, so that will have to do for now. Just hope those idiots at Microsoft don't do a controller update that stops the older adapter from working.

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
There is nothing left on the adapter to change, have skimmed off everything I can without exposing the innards, so the only option is to trim the paddles, which I am NOT going to do, not yet anyway. Still have the original adapter to use, so that will have to do for now. Just hope those idiots at Microsoft don't do a controller update that stops the older adapter from working.
so I did the headset mod a while back where I wired a 3.5 mm jack to work with my turtle beach PX5. With this update am I to understand that I won't get my Dolby sou round sound with this adapter after update? Or is it I won't be able to change the game volume with this? Basically I will have to buy this new sterio adapter for this to work? Sorry I'm a noob at this headset thing but from the mod I did I can hear everything in Dolby bit the chat is quite and I can't turn the chat volume up. So this update will it fix the chat volume with this mod or I have to buy this new adapter???

JIM WALKER

so I did the headset mod a while back where I wired a 3.5 mm jack to work with my turtle beach PX5. With this update am I to understand that I won't get my Dolby sou round sound with this adapter after update? Or is it I won't be able to change the game volume with this? Basically I will have to buy this new sterio adapter for this to work? Sorry I'm a noob at this headset thing but from the mod I did I can hear everything in Dolby bit the chat is quite and I can't turn the chat volume up. So this update will it fix the chat volume with this mod or I have to buy this new adapter???

You have to buy the new adapter and update your controller again, the new one gives you control over game volume and chat volume separately, that's why I really want to make the new one fit the berserker. Your dolby should still work whichever adapter you use, the update for the controller is just that and nothing else, your dolby comes from the recent console update ...

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
Thanks Jim. Well it sucks that M$ is going to nickle and dime me on more accessories! They should of had it right the first go around. Oh well.

I have just received the new chat adapter from Microsoft .... IT DOES NOT FIT THE BERSERKER !!!!!! Sadly, they have made it bigger than the previous version so the paddles prevent it from slotting home ....
I have the same adapter and it fits my berzerker fine. It may take a little bit of shoehorning the first time. Check the mute button on the adapter to see when it is in far enough.
it_fits.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]