New Controller issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glendahurd

I currently bought the USB Rangarok, When I try connecting my controller online. I get a Malfunction error! Windows doesn't understand this software.. Therefore I cannot even update my controller? Any suggestions for me?

Glendahurd

Still not working..
Tried this on 4 different computer followed the instructions to the T!
This is the message I get when trying to load controller onto my PC
"one of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.
For assistance in solving this problem, Click this message."

odingalt

Staff member
Are you using the cable that came with your controller? If it worked for the shop (tested 4 times) but not for you I am either suspecting the cable or your PC's USB port, or you are using dead batteries. Those are the three things that could cause USB malfunction. They could try sending you another cable.

Glendahurd

5.1mm jack Yes, I use this tried it on 4 different PC's all the same error.
Followed the youtube tutorial exactly as stated.
also charged my ps3 battery all night and tried again this morning still same issue.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Well I don't know what to say, the shop has tested your particular controller 4 times and it worked all 4 times. My guess is operator error. I would offer a full refund, I don't think it's worth sending it back a second time, I think you're doing something wrong on your end. :-x

Sorry.

odingalt

Staff member
Unless it's the cable itself that you have that has gone bad that's the only logical explanation. Are you absolutely sure you did not get our cable mixed up with an ipod shuffle cable, you cannot use ipod shuffle cables, you have to use our cable. Have the staff try sending you a cable.

Glendahurd

I am using the cable you sent me, My PC does the ding noise when powered up.
Then I get the malfunction error.
Did the steps you told me in the email even.
0. Full charge on battery in Ps3 controller charged all night.
1. Sync controller with the USB to the PS3.
2. Turn controller off unplug the USB from PS3.
3. Turn on Rangerok software on PC
4.Plug in 5.1MM Jack cable to the back of the controller.
5. Hold mod switch down and power up the controller "ding noise" Then malfunction error!
Tried on 4 computers all same issue..
I am doing everything that is explained to me I can even make a video of it.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
It's either the controller is bad (which is strange because the staff has literally tested your unit FOUR TIMES in a row with no problems) or the cable we sent is bad. We can either try sending another cable, or have the staff test it a fifth and a sixth time but if it tests out good they will just send it back but at that time they can send a replacement cable with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.