New controller won't find console

Liason

Hi guys. Ran into a little problem and could use some help. Bear with me as I am a first time customer.

Went through the installation process by following the video tutorials with no problems. Uploaded a set to the controller as instructed [black ops tactical] and when I reboot the controller following the end instructions of video tut 4 by hitting the xbox button the controller won't recognize my console.

During the installation process I was asked to perform an update which I did. I noticed in the tutorial videos it mentioned updating the firmware. I didn't think I had done it with the other update I just mentioned as it said I needed to have all apps off. Anyway, so I go through the steps to update the firmware as indicated with no problem. Still having the can't find console issue and I still have 4 blinking lights on the controller. I do have fully fresh batteries. Any help is appreciated. TIA.

-Liason

WetterThanWater

With any new controller you are supposed to hold the sync button on both the console and the controller, wait for their leds to spin around, and they will connect.

NYjetsNY1

Liason said:
Hi guys. Ran into a little problem and could use some help. Bear with me as I am a first time customer.

Went through the installation process by following the video tutorials with no problems. Uploaded a set to the controller as instructed [black ops tactical] and when I reboot the controller following the end instructions of video tut 4 by hitting the xbox button the controller won't recognize my console.

During the installation process I was asked to perform an update which I did. I noticed in the tutorial videos it mentioned updating the firmware. I didn't think I had done it with the other update I just mentioned as it said I needed to have all apps off. Anyway, so I go through the steps to update the firmware as indicated with no problem. Still having the can't find console issue and I still have 4 blinking lights on the controller. I do have fully fresh batteries. Any help is appreciated. TIA.

-Liason

The best way to connect a new xbox 360 controller is to plug the play and charge kit into the controller, using a rechargeable battery in the controller. Then plug the other side of the play and charge kit into the xbox 360. This will sync your controller with the xbox 360.

Another method that is more difficult, but is still quite simple:

WetterThanWater said:
With any new controller you are supposed to hold the sync button on both the console and the controller, wait for their leds to spin around, and they will connect.

Liason

NYjetsNY1 said:
The best way to connect a new xbox 360 controller is to plug the play and charge kit into the controller, using a rechargeable battery in the controller. Then plug the other side of the play and charge kit into the xbox 360. This will sync your controller with the xbox 360.

I tried this thinking my batteries might not be a full 100% and it worked. Thanks for the speedy replies fella's. This thing rocks!

NYjetsNY1

Liason said:
NYjetsNY1 said:

I tried this thinking my batteries might not be a full 100% and it worked. Thanks for the speedy replies fella's. This thing rocks!

Awesome! Glad to hear it. Don't hesitate to ask if you need any more help or need me to make you a macro.