New.to modded controllers

titansfan2104

I got the viking today!!! Im in love although a few of the macros need some tweaking. Speeds were good but need to be slightly reduced to smooth it out more (a perfect blend of speed and reccoil is alot more deadly with the hb than all out speed)!!
Setup was a breeze and applying the macros only requires basic computer knowledge and a little common sense. I love the fact that i can put numerous setup pages and have just a hammer active reload/rapid setting and a gnasher reload to a tac. As far as the macro vs evil im gonna say its like this.... for the money the evil master mod WITH the settings for the game you want to play would suffice and is a nice performing controller.

If it had the adj rapid with active reloads mode it would be plenty for gears3 BUT my master mod doesnt and if i want it i have to pay shipping to and from and upgrade charges so probably would have $200+ in this controller and it would be great for gears(it has 10 modes , so you could get a gears 3 mode or any number for any specific GAME AND THE ADJUSTABLE RAPID WILL ACCOMADATE MOST FUTURE GAMES??) On to the viking , i can do all this and more and have unlimited options with my controller.
The only thing i would love would be being able to have an adjustable rapid fire that i could change in game to fine tune it without plugging up to my comp. So which one do you want???? They both have great features and modes but the fact i can upgrade to accomadate every new game myself, well thats got to be worth the $30-$40 PER UPDATE YOU WILL HAVE TO SEND TO EVIL.

Im not gonna kiss anyones @ss but both of these are great controllers and if i had the money AND knowledge this viking is definitely more versatile and would be my choice with the master mod/gears3 controller from evil coming in a close second. Sorry for the poor writing and sorry if i hurt any feelings with this review and take note i havent had any dealings with vikings equal couterpart to the evils (similar technology) so the cheaper vikings could well be a cheaper/better alternative to the master mod and macro!! Either way the viking CustomerService is more responsive and active on their forums while evil leaves some to be desired although they have excellent CS over the phone. What needs to be noted is that the price difference is well justified and worth it for the viking (If your thinking of getting one , dont wait) get it before they are gone !!

Last edited by a moderator: