Newbie Question, How Edit Custom Rune???

fst2011

Hello,

Ok, i know this is real newbie question but Ive searched everywhere and cant find the answer. To be honest, it was Soooooo easy to get this done with the macro360.

Anyhow, what I want to do is...say I download a custom rune from this forum, how do I load it into the forge so I can check it out and make adjustments and this might be part of same answer but say I have a bunch or runes on the controller, how do I then get them back the forge so I can make adjustments???

I couldnt find a video or tut...would be great if someone could make these. Please

Thanks
Fst2011

Drastic

cant currently acutally see what made the rune.. thats why we've been posting pictures of the final rune.

bonefisher

Hopefully real soon we will be able to log in the forge and see what people put in the Public Forge so you can copy like the example what is in there now to be able to change things around. Plus use there runes how we want. The rune packs that are in the forum now you can use but can't change around or look how there are built. This is why we put pic's with them so you know how there working. Just download them and save...when you load up your controller to receive rune pack just pick the one you saved and go through the process to upload a rune pack to controller. All in due time Viking controllers will amaze you how much father they are ahead of there so called competition. Hopefully we will get all the options finished to enjoy real soon!

fst2011

As stated, I came from macro360 and thought that was amazing tool. Now I kinda am starting to see that runes/forge is giving better control but some of the basic things that would make using this controller are not available and allot of time has passed. I have spoken with owner few few times and know he has allot to do only has maybe handful people helping but come on lets get this going already. Like the videos Ive watched some of the videos made from beginning and nothing new has been made.

Look dont get me wrong I want this controller to become the best around and put the other brands to shame but the main reason why this controller has not made it big time really is cause there is no easy way to explain how to use it. maybe hire someone to make some videos and make it easier to check out runes.

lets go already,
FST

fst2011

Bone I trust you would and hope you dont think I'm trying to cause problems here. I'm really not. We all know the other controllers out there and they are pure shit compared to the Rune controller. I know its an amazing controller but feel it can do some amazing things that I just dont know how to make it work...I'm smart but not that smart. You guys here that make runes and help us out, are really smart people andthis forum would be nothing without fans such as yourself. So thanks, really thanks for trying to help me and everyone else.

I know this might be a shot in the dark but I think I read you own a note 4. I also own that phone and freaking love it...I wonder if you made a short video with that and uploaded to youtube maybe that could work?

anyhow, thanks a bunch

bonefisher

My phone is coming in a few days. I was referring to the apps for the forge if we were getting that soon but maybe I'll try that if I find something to hold it steady.. Once I get in my hands.

fst2011

oh....well you will be very happy with the phone...by far best thing I ve ever owned...I find it fits in my hands better and use the pen allot. Any help would be great thanks again

odingalt

Staff member
No sharing until we can establish hierarchical organization to the library. (Otherwise we would end up with 1,000's or maybe even 10,000's of publicly shared runes flying around the library).

Last edited:

bonefisher

Let me in that library, I promise to only put in the lock down good stuff instead of the just get people up and running stir up stuff.

JIM WALKER

For me, sharing is way more important than the record feature, would prefer to see that feature introduced asap, I understand odin's concern regarding parameters being set for the library, perhaps giving access to a select and trusted few from the forum who have a known pedigree for macro/rune making would be an advantageous start for all concerned ?

JIM WALKER

Most of the forge/rune queries on the forum relate to "How do I make this ?" So, further to my previous comments, I would be overjoyed if there was a feature that allowed me to take a rune from my own forge and send it to my desktop, laptop or phone, this would allow me to send it to another member, (perhaps to test/edit the rune) this would also alleviate the issue of poor/shoddy runes being put in the main sharing library. Furthermore, being able to share runes with each other privately also helps to create a symbiotic community of learning. (WOW !!! sorry, that is soooo deep, lol)
I have so far made all of my own runes, (with a little help/ advise from other members), some I know are not perfect, so to be able to send to a fellow rune maker to check and perhaps improve, could then be introduced to the library for everyone's use.

odingalt

Staff member
We've hashed this over and over again, we know this product doesn't fly without rune sharing. I feel the suffering too, for every post you guys see in the forums, we get about 10 equivalent tickets in the helpdesk. We're not holding back rune sharing. We're literally stuck in a holding pattern trying to finish it.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
I am going to get really drunk to celebrate when we finally get this update finished. I am slowly dying inside. And so is the Berserker. This really sucks without sharing!!!

Drastic

No sharing until we can establish hierarchical organization to the library. (Otherwise we would end up with 1,000's or maybe even 10,000's of publicly shared runes flying around the library).
just a thought. how about there be a rune submission review. you and the team go over the rune(s) and see if its good enough quality to hit the public share :)

JIM WALKER

Nice idea but totally impractical, the team already have too much on their plate, reviewing runes would need way too much time on them, plus needing the games to test them properly.

modded matt

actually there must be a censorship group, otherwise it will end up like the macro library with hundreds of useless runes.

JIM WALKER

Perhaps a library moderator/supervisor could be appointed, even from the berserker members list.

If ALL runes could be added to the library regardless of source, then, using a yes/no or good/bad marker on every rune when its put in the library, members would then tick their opinion on that rune, if the rune fails to perform to say, a 90% approval over a 1 week or even a 1 month period, then the mod/super would delete it. the ultimate review solution, the members and users of the berserker who are the only ones that can access the forge. This would alleviate the problem of useless runes being in there, yet encourage new rune builders to put them forward for approval by us, the members/users.

Last edited:

JIM WALKER

actually there must be a censorship group, otherwise it will end up like the macro library with hundreds of useless runes.
I agree matt, I was just making reference to the Viking team having to do yet more work than they already have to cope with. I have just posted a possible solution to the dilemma that odin finds himself in regarding the library issue.