Not Going Anywhere

johnny8s

I see by your pasting a link as an answer to my questions as rude and uncaring. I can see that you deal mainly with spoiled children and you definitely have no respect towards potential customers. You obviously have no business sense and you have no business dealing with customers period. Viking has FAILED.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Re: Going elsewhere

ok first of all.... anything said by non viking staff do NOT represent the opinions or views of viking360.com and/or its staff....

obo

By posting links, often the posts that are linked have a ton of information in them. And if you have questions, often times they have already been answered in another post. It's very typical for the same questions to appear more than once. If you use the search bar up top, you can usually find out what you're looking for.

If you have any questions that you can't find the answer to, then I would be more than happy to answer them. Just ask :D

NYjetsNY1

Yes, the link usually will help you find the information better than reposting. If you would look for even 10 seconds on the posted thread, it will answer your question fully and new questions that may arise. It is not being rude... it simply is helpful and beneficial.

johnny8s

I read these threads long before I posted my question because I was hoping to find the answers I was looking for without having to post in the first place. I don't see any fixes for the quick reload the other companies already have installed in their controllers. My bud has a controller that still works before and after the patch with no issues and his warranty is for a full year on top of that not to mention it's cheaper. I like the fact I can program my own macros into this controller, change button configs and change the sps. Trust me guys, I have researched all of them and I want your controller but what is holding me back is the fact your customers seem to be the only ones working on new macros to update the library. Am I right or am I wrong? Help me understand here.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

johnny8s said:
I read these threads long before I posted my question because I was hoping to find the answers I was looking for without having to post in the first place. I don't see any fixes for the quick reload the other companies already have installed in their controllers. My bud has a controller that still works before and after the patch with no issues and his warranty is for a full year on top of that not to mention it's cheaper. I like the fact I can program my own macros into this controller, change button configs and change the sps. Trust me guys, I have researched all of them and I want your controller but what is holding me back is the fact your customers seem to be the only ones working on new macros to update the library. Am I right or am I wrong? Help me understand here.
quick reload is patched for EVERYONE!.....also thats the way this controller was designed for...to alow the USERS to make the macros

simvida

Hey Johnny8s,
To answer your question - The macros posted by The Viking360 Team is made by the owner or his team. Macros do not get posted without his or the other moderators approval. The patch affects all modded controllers. Some may kinda work but none will work cleanly. The Viking mod allows you the opportunity to mod without other players even knowing your modding. The reload macros was posted by one individual (after approval) who took the time to test a reload of every gun (which takes forever). This patch can be beaten and let me tell you - you will not have to send the Viking in to beat the patch - you just download the macro when it is fully tested. I check the forums every day as there is always something new to learn. You buy the Viking and you will have a mod that cannot be matched.

johnny8s

LOL
I apologize guys. I wanted to test the waters here before I dove in. Hence the previous posts.
I have been sold on the VIKING since day one. I have been reading this forum and learning extensively from all of you. I have been playing with the editor and rearranging and creating macros that I think might work with the new controller that I am purchasing and am looking forward to sharing ideas with you guys.I have always been wary of things that seem to good to be true but you sold me on it. Thanx for putting up with me and I can't wait to put my order in after the holidays.

Remmnever

johnny8s said:
LOL
I apologize guys. I wanted to test the waters here before I dove in. Hence the previous posts.
I have been sold on the VIKING since day one. I have been reading this forum and learning extensively from all of you. I have been playing with the editor and rearranging and creating macros that I think might work with the new controller that I am purchasing and am looking forward to sharing ideas with you guys.I have always been wary of things that seem to good to be true but you sold me on it. Thanx for putting up with me and I can't wait to put my order in after the holidays.

Mood swing much? lol. Anyway no big deal, glad you're getting a macro controller also. I sent you a pm after your first thread letting you know what still worked and didn't. Most everyone on these forums is helpful and not random 12 year old like most modding forums which is why I like it. The possibilities with these controllers are endless only your imagination can hold you back. Once we get the new software update around christmas things will be a lot smoother also.

johnny8s

No mood swings LOL. Wanted to see how you guys would react and I am putting my order in now.
One question though. Is this controller going to have the newest board that microsoft has released? If I remember correctly you can identify it by looking into the controller with just the battery pack removed and seeing if it has "R15" or C15" imprinted onto the board there?

johnny8s

That's it my order is in and I cant wait. Feel like a kid at Christmas time.
Should change my post to " Not going anywhere "
Happy Holidays everybody and stay safe.

obo

johnny8s said:
No mood swings LOL. Wanted to see how you guys would react and I am putting my order in now.
One question though. Is this controller going to have the newest board that microsoft has released? If I remember correctly you can identify it by looking into the controller with just the battery pack removed and seeing if it has "R15" or C15" imprinted onto the board there?
To answer your question, the controller that you get will be a CG2 circuit board. This is the newest circuit board for Microsoft controllers to date.

And sure lol, i can change your title for you.

NYjetsNY1

lol alright, well right now odingalt is trying to fix the issues and bugs with the software and macro library. Once he does this he will have more time to make macros. He doesn't even need to make macros since us users are so good at it.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

NYjetsNY1 said:
lol alright, well right now odingalt is trying to fix the issues and bugs with the software and macro library. Once he does this he will have more time to make macros. He doesn't even need to make macros since us users are so good at it.
he wont be making any macros as far as i know....other than rapid fire each CoD release.....

odingalt

Staff member
NYjetsNY1 said:

It may seem counterintuitive that our macro library relies so heavily on user contributions ("Hey I didn't pay $200 to have to make my own macros?") but that's actually exactly why we designed this new controller - so that users could make their own macros, without having to wait for me to release a new .HEX code every time a new glitch is discovered (like Javelin glitch last year). We were the first ones to have a USB rapidfire controller, and the first to have a custom driver maker for USB as well. But that custom driver maker still wasn't enough to satisfy the hungry customers :), as I was still having a hard time keeping up with customer requests for special glitches. And the other problem I discovered was my mod chip was starting to run out of memory! A lot of customers got frustrated with waiting for the special glitches and said "well I could code this faster than you can!". But I was (and still am) too afraid to release the Viking360 'legacy purple modchip' as an open source project, because all those other modshops out there will steal our work and profit from it...

So, we went out and built this macro controller, with the idea that rapidfire, fast reload, etc. are really nothing more than basic macros. And as many projects like it before, why not build a whole platform designed around collaboration? This way the customers aren't necessarily stuck waiting on me to build the glitches. So it's a positive AND a negative. If the community doesn't contribute, then you would only have the macros that I build, and I won't be able to keep up with demand, so we'd be back where we were when I hand-coded/hard-coded every single glitch 'one at a time'. :) But if the community DOES contribute, then we'll have the most expansive library of glitches available anywhere!

Plus I was secretly hoping Viking might be able to tap into a new market that traditional rapidfire controllers were ignoring - the whole market of gamers who don't necessarily play FPS. The big problem with my macro controller project is I went way over my original budgets on the components and software to the tune of about $40/unit. My target release price for these bad boys was going to be $160-$170 range, not the $200+ price range! Unfortunately I just have to work through these 2,000 modchips that I have on the shelf and hope that the next batch (if we ever get to produce a second batch - we only have about 400 macro controller cusotmers) will be cheaper to produce. Based on our sales volume, we are still a mom n' pop shop.

johnny8s

I wouldn't take my business anywhere else but to a mom n pop shop. I ran my own mom n pop shop to the tune of 29 years. Its this type of business that makes up the backbone of America and if you stand by your work and keep up the quality and not the quantity you'll be able to get to your 3rd, 4th and 5th batches in no time. The best advertisement is word of mouth. I'm retired now and can sit back and jam on black ops all I want because of that. :D

62-11 was my best game without a rapid fire. Wonder what the Viking is going to do for my game now. BWAH HAh hah haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. :twisted:

NYjetsNY1

um ok then lol.. well anyways i suggest drop shot mod, tactical setup IN black ops, turbo knife, and obviously rapid fire.

NYjetsNY1

yeah it is... problem is if the host has a crappy connection, macros don't always work as intended... so occasionally the turbo knife takes a little longer than .5 seconds and will take .75-1 second... which is still double as fast as the 2 second normal knife.