Not Going Anywhere

odingalt

Staff member
NYjetsNY1 said:
yeah it is... problem is if the host has a crappy connection, macros don't always work as intended... so occasionally the turbo knife takes a little longer than .5 seconds and will take .75-1 second... which is still double as fast as the 2 second normal knife.

Amen, through all my testing I've found that a bad connection can affect macros (especially rapidfire since we're trying to run it to the max speed that the game will allow - any blip in your connection or the host's connection can cause a hiccup in the rapidfire). In my opinion COD:BO is a laggy game engine in general, hoping after a few patches this will improve... I Think that's why you guys are able to bleed a little more speed out of the rapidfire macro after the latest patch update - no doubt they tweaked a few things in the game itself to improve network performance!

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

personally i think turbo knife is stupid but thats just my opinion.......i also hate the commando lunge that black ops has. I wish the knife was the way it is in WaW, BROKEN so no one knifes and its a fair battle,i mean seriously who brings a knife to a gunfight.

smallx

Yeah I agree, I hate kniving. Also I'm pretty pissed that they brought back quick scoping but thats just me

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

smallx said:
Yeah I agree, I hate kniving. Also I'm pretty pissed that they brought back quick scoping but thats just me
true......i have personally held an M40A5 and M82A1(barrett .50 cal) and there is no way you could run around and quickscope in real life.

Remmnever

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW said:
personally i think turbo knife is stupid but thats just my opinion.......i also hate the commando lunge that black ops has. I wish the knife was the way it is in WaW, BROKEN so no one knifes and its a fair battle,i mean seriously who brings a knife to a gunfight.

Supposedly Treyarch is supposed to be working on the knife lunging that occurs in black ops now. They were going to either reduce it or eliminate it all together. Not sure when but I saw it in some upcoming patch notes. At least they are working on it.

Back to the connection issues, even if you aren't using rapid fire you will notice a change in your shot speed depending on connection. I personally notice is a big difference between 3 green bars and 4 green bars. So I don't think the controllers should be blamed at all it is just the servers. Hopefully they continue to improve and soon a new game will be out and some people will stop playing BO which will give the rest of us better connections.

I'm also excited to try some new games with the controller, that is what is so awesome. I have a jtag so I get pretty much every game when it is released. So messing around and setting macros for every game should be fun.

NYjetsNY1

turbo knife = awesome in my opinion. And i fixed the rapid fire above, m1a1 said his was the best and he was right, but i tuned it .03 faster which is pretty good, so if theres 20 bullets thats more than half of one bullet faster.... lol its a big deal to me. Jitter I personally hate, too inaccurate. if there was a slow jitter that made it accurate but slightly faster that would be the best... hoping someone can make that and remnever make some nice macros for us lol

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

NYjetsNY1 said:
turbo knife = awesome in my opinion. And i fixed the rapid fire above, m1a1 said his was the best and he was right, but i tuned it .03 faster which is pretty good, so if theres 20 bullets thats more than half of one bullet faster.... lol its a big deal to me. Jitter I personally hate, too inaccurate. if there was a slow jitter that made it accurate but slightly faster that would be the best... hoping someone can make that and remnever make some nice macros for us lol
i tried 1.73 when testing.....and if you get into a really laggy game it lags BAAADDDD...

NYjetsNY1

i tried 1.74 in a private match - optimal connection = never skips beautiful. So i brought it down to 1.73 which can work well in a laggy match, at least it has for me... try it a little more and if ur convince 1.7 is better than i'll do that

Remmnever

NYjetsNY1 said:
remnever make some nice macros for us lol

lol I want to but my controller isn't here yet. I bought the custom black/red controller from Fredrow. I asked for a couple changes and he did some testing on it this week and encountered a couple problems. So he was just fixing those up and it should be shipped tomorrow. Hopefully it gets here before next weekend and I can get rolling with the new software update with everyone else.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

NYjetsNY1 said:
i tried 1.74 in a private match - optimal connection = never skips beautiful. So i brought it down to 1.73 which can work well in a laggy match, at least it has for me... try it a little more and if ur convince 1.7 is better than i'll do that
im convinced that 1.70 works better.....1.73 lags too much for me anyways

NYjetsNY1

put it back to 1.7 ... hopefully that is fastest. after another patch lag will be improved so we can up it to 1.74 i think