Not Going Into Programming Mode

chrisdeaton

Yes I know pressing start goes into programming mode. So what i've done is but my own custom set onto the controller it has then exported on and has not worked. It is just read with left tac 3 putting player two led on even when the xbox is off by plug. It doesnt connect to computer, even with fresh batteries used.

When the xbox was off, and pressed start it just switched the xbox without flashes pink and going into programming mode. I done this many times and this is the only time I have run into a problem.

I provided the full macro set but i don't see any problem with the set in general.View attachment 411

Attachments

• macros.vks
    115.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
When was the last time you updated your firmware? Try Unplugging your battery pack then slowly put your battery pack as your holding start down that should get you into programming mode. Then I would update your firmware : http://viking360.com/download-software-drivers/the-viking-software-record-and-playback-moves

After thats done I would flash a macro set back to your controller and if it works then your controller works. If it doesnt work Ill dig up a troubleshooting macro to see what isnt working on your controller.

NYjetsNY1

Yes I know pressing start goes into programming mode. So what i've done is but my own custom set onto the controller it has then exported on and has not worked. It is just read with left tac 3 putting player two led on even when the xbox is off by plug. It doesnt connect to computer, even with fresh batteries used.

When the xbox was off, and pressed start it just switched the xbox without flashes pink and going into programming mode. I done this many times and this is the only time I have run into a problem.

I provided the full macro set but i don't see any problem with the set in general.View attachment 411

Sounds like the bootloader got fried while you were exporting macros. This happens if you unplug the controller while exporting macros, at the wrong time, and have old firmware / other small details.

You'll most likely need to send the controller back. Feel free to try the above suggestion though! If it works, if you can get your controller into programming mode, awesome! If not, make a support ticket here. http://viking360.com/support/support-tickets

Last thing to try.

Take batteries out. Hold start on the controller - insert batteries while still holding start. If that doesn't work, then: http://viking360.com/support/support-tickets

odingalt

Staff member
Sounds like the bootloader got fried while you were exporting macros. This happens if you unplug the controller while exporting macros, at the wrong time, and have old firmware / other small details.

Or when trying to flash the macro controller with the rapidfire customization software even though it says not to in big bold letters :)

chrisdeaton

You'll most likely need to send the controller back. Feel free to try the above suggestion though! If it works, if you can get your controller into programming mode, awesome! If not, make a support ticket here. http://viking360.com/support/support-tickets

Last thing to try.

Take batteries out. Hold start on the controller - insert batteries while still holding start. If that doesn't work, then: http://viking360.com/support/support-tickets

Yes that worked taking out the batteries while holding start but i believe i have the lastest firmware, so are you saying that with new firmware this wont happen do you happen to have a link to newest one because on viking360 i believe it outdated it is not? Any i thank you for all your i wish you did a video for this because aint easy to figure out what goes wrong with having to find out.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Yes that worked taking out the batteries while holding start but i believe i have the lastest firmware, so are you saying that with new firmware this wont happen do you happen to have a link to newest one because on viking360 i believe it outdated it is not? Any i thank you for all your i wish you did a video for this because aint easy to figure out what goes wrong with having to find out.

There are a set a videos not troubleshooting videos though maybe Ill do a series on that. Also I would reflash the latest firmware just in case so that problem doesnt happen again. Im not sure if its outdated to be honest but Im glad to help.

chrisdeaton

so i have done everything on here and tried everything... and have updated so my controller works somewhat... Not going into programming mode without pressing start before going into programming mode. No for some reason my RT aint working with any rapid fire, yes i downloaded the test vks and no it only works on the pink one so do have another firmware update to test or something because nothing has worked.

NYjetsNY1

so i have done everything on here and tried everything... and have updated so my controller works somewhat... Not going into programming mode without pressing start before going into programming mode. No for some reason my RT aint working with any rapid fire, yes i downloaded the test vks and no it only works on the pink one so do have another firmware update to test or something because nothing has worked.

To get into programming mode, you must hold start while putting in batteries! This is normal.

Your RT not working is not normal. Has this just started recently?