PAYMENT PROBLEM !

uXlider

I just want to buy a Viking Macro Controller, but i always get an error message.

"Your card has been declined. The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder."

This is my own VISA and the adress 100% matches my own billing adress !!!
I`ve double checked the adresses and everything looks fine ... so what`s the problem ?

Some problems with shipping to GERMANY ???

modded matt

this is an automated responce, it happens when you enter a shipping address that dosnt match the cards billing address, it is a security measure. If you entered the same address in our system that the bill is mailed to then there is a problem with your card and you should call the card company.

trust me, we want your buisness, but this is a security measure to protect everyone involved.

uXlider

my visa card is fine and valid till 04.2014.
the adress also exactly matches the card ones.
i don`t know where the problem is ???

maybe an translation error ?

i tried different syntax for my adress but nothing works so far... i.e.

Hauptstr. 13

Hauptstrasse 13

Hauptstraße 13

Postalcode is also right.

what can i do now ?

odingalt

Staff member
Maybe try putting the 13 at the beginning?

The Authorize.net says it's failing the shipping address match but it's also saying that your bank does't have the information available. I think there may be some international transactions where the bank chooses not to actually provide the shipping addy for verification.

uXlider

Hi odingalt,

i`ve just had a telephone conversation directly with credit card processor of my bank.
he`s definitely sure that your authorization system isn`t working properly, because the transaction
will automatically be cancelled immediately after sending the request.

i hope you can fix the error soon ...

(sorry for bad english)

regards

Alex

odingalt

Staff member
Really there's not much we can do, I hate to lose your business, but our credit card gateway is Authorize.net. We are just a small business. If we were a walmart.com or newegg.com then we might be able to get them to change what they are doing. I guess we're stuck with no resolution. :cry: We get the same story from our end, that it's your bank and not our authorization system. The authorization system says that your bank's system won't provide us an address to try a match, so it's rejecting (as we require some form of address matching for fraud protection).

Jabes

I too am receiving the same error (From Australia). Really disappointing. :cry:

Are there any Viking resellers?

odingalt

Staff member
We are removing the Website Payments Pro option from our PayPal account. Once this is done, PayPal supposedly removes the 30%, 90-day hold on all transactions. If this is true, we will open up PayPal in the checkout to INTERNATIONAL customers ONLY.

As I said previously, our credit card processor Authorize.net doesn't like to play with some European banks. Not all (we have had some orders from UK and France go through without a hitch).

Jabes

odingalt said:
We are removing the Website Payments Pro option from our PayPal account. Once this is done, PayPal supposedly removes the 30%, 90-day hold on all transactions. If this is true, we will open up PayPal in the checkout to INTERNATIONAL customers ONLY.

Is PayPal still on track to be up and running this week? I am dieing to order one of these beauties! :D

odingalt

Staff member
PayPal has closed our website payments pro, we're still doing a little jockeying on the website, I'll come back in here and post when we're ready :)

simvida

What about purchasing a Visa or American Express Gift Card and then use the card to purchase the controller?

Drett350

I just ran into the same problem when trying to purchase. I put in my adress and declined. I think this is happening thought because the billing address for my card is a PO Box, not an actual street address and everytime i put in a PO Box it say you guys dont ship to them. When i put in my street address, my card is declined. Do i have any options, or am I outta luck?

simvida

Change the address on your card if not just for this one transaction or like I said before purchase a gift Visa or American Express card and attach your address to it.

Jabberwocky

Hello,
i am unable to purchase the Viking 360 controller too using VISA payment
error text: Your card has been declined. The transaction has been declined because of an AVS mismatch. The address provided does not match billing address of cardholder.

I have found the following at http://www.authorize.net/support/CN...ettings/Address_Verification_System_(AVS).htm

•Not all banks outside the United States will return the G, U and S response codes. Therefore, this code is not absolutely effective for limiting suspicious transactions from outside of the United States.

•If you want to accept International payments, you must deselect the G, U and S response codes.

Is it possible to deselect the G, U, S response codes to accept billing from outside the United States?