play and charge with controller

JDMillmatic

i read somewhere that some people couldn't use their modded controllers if they used the play and charge while playing online because something about the xbox and how it would detect it or something. this made the controller irrelevant and unuseable. is this true? like if i were playing online and my battery needed to be charged and i didn't have any spare ones and i tried to play and charge at the same time, would that disable my controller? i use a wired controller now because it's cheaper, i don't really care for the heavier weight of the recharageable battery and the money you waste on buying batteries.

odingalt

Staff member
Sounds like nothing more than kids spreading ridiculous internet rumors to me. Never seen such a problem. In fact you can even play with NO battery if you plug in the play and charge cable.

JDMillmatic

alright, that's what i figured that it was just some stories. i was planning on playing with the play and charge cable attached because i don't really want my controller dying on me in game and i've had problems in the past with the battery packs not holding their charge for that long. thanks

rodman55

Sounds like nothing more than kids spreading ridiculous internet rumors to me. Never seen such a problem. In fact you can even play with NO battery if you plug in the play and charge cable.

my macro controller wouldnt work right without a battery and the cable...