please help me!! viking 360 left analog went out

Salamito140

I have had the chrome odins raven controller from viking 360 for a while now and I was just playing halo reach and the left analog isn't working. When I click on it, it feels very weird and u can here a crack instead of a click. It works but not really but the analog stick moves perfectly all around. I would like to ship it back to you guys at viking 360 so you can fix it please. Let me know what I have to do. Thank you so much.

odingalt

Staff member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVf5qXOmsso

Steps, if this is the right thumbstick that needs replaced:

1.) Open the controller.
2.) Desolder the tactile switches.
3.) Remove the PCBoard.
4.) Remove the modchip to access the thumbstick soldering points.
5.) Desolder and remove the trigger to access the thumbstick soldering point.
6.) Desolder the thumbstick.
7.) Desolder a thumbstick from a donor circuit board.
8.) Install and solder the new thumbstick
9.) Re-solder and re-install the trigger.
10.) Re-solder and re-install the entire modchip.
11.) Re-insert the PCBoard.
12.) Re-solder the tactile switches.
13.) Close the controller and test, hope everything works.

Total estimated time: 90 minutes. Replacing the thumbstick literally takes longer than a fresh modchip install, because the entire modchip and trigger mechanism has to be desoldered and remove to even access the thumbstick for replacement.

Salamito140

Thanks for the explanation bro but honestly I don't even want to mess around with opening up the controller and doing all that. I don't have the time or patience I much rather send the controllers to you guys in viking 360 and if I have to pay for the service I will so let me know what I have to do thanks.

Fredrow

You could contact east Seattle electronics, they take care of any repair work you might need done!

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Basically if you snapped the metal part of the stick, not just the plastic part, it's gonna cost a lot to fix because it's so hard to do. If that's the case, it might be more worth it to just buy a new one... Viking's got a new controller thats better than the raven now, for around the same price.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
If you bought the bare minimum a raven was like $190 wasn't it? It's definatly less than his was though cause he has an xcm chell.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

PS3andCOD said:
If you bought the bare minimum a raven was like $190 wasn't it? It's definatly less than his was though cause he has an xcm chell.
if you added 2 things it was about 220 now its 208-210 with shipping

Salamito140

Yeah I paid about that much for mine I hate having to buy a new one when the problem is just the left analog stick it seems very silly unless someone would buy it from me so that I can make some money and buy the new one I mean sheesh. I hit up the dude from east seattle to see if he can fix it for me.

M1A1xVIKINGxFTW

Salamito140 said:
Yeah I paid about that much for mine I hate having to buy a new one when the problem is just the left analog stick it seems very silly unless someone would buy it from me so that I can make some money and buy the new one I mean sheesh. I hit up the dude from east seattle to see if he can fix it for me.
if its broken NO ONE wants it.

modded matt

this is a pain to do, as E stated its a long process, I actually have some desoldered analuge sticks sitting on my work bench ATM.
its up to you,
the repair is woth $100
ill buy just the chip for $40
or the whole controller for $50
or Ill sell you the stick for $40 and you can try your luck at replacing it.

thats all i can offer as it is used, and out dated. so if I bought it for 50 and fixed it, sold it, and shipped it, I would have around $100 in it, and in auction it wont sell for anymore than that, so its not really worth my time (other than to help you out)

Fredrow

I already helped this guy out. I ended up just doing the repair work for $25 an hour, I figured 2 hours; then charged him $10 for return shipping.

Fredrow

I've seen a lot of those kits around, plus you can buy the joy-stick/analog sticks setup like that from Digi-key too. But it doesnt come in a nice kit like that from Digi-key, it's just the analog stick component part of it.

Salamito140

Hey fred what's up my brother I see you said you fixed my controller I appreciate it could you please email me the tracking number. Thank you so much man I really appreciate so much you bave no idea. I can't wait to get it back! Could you tell me what was the problem what was messed up I would love to know I'm curious.

Fredrow

Dude, your controller hasn't even made its way to me yet. You shipped it out on Monday, and it wasn't in today, so I bet it will be in my PO Box tomorrow. But once I do get it fixed and shipped back to you I will email you the tracking number for it.

Salamito140

whoops i apologize i thought you said you got my controller and fixed it already i guess you were talking about someone else. my bad just a misunderstanding.

Salamito140

I already helped this guy out. I ended up just doing the repair work for $25 an hour, I figured 2 hours; then charged him $10 for return shipping.
this is the reason i thought you said you fixed my controller already because you charged me $25 an hour and $10 for shipping as well. I sent you a chrome viking controller.