possible new customer, but have a few questions

Durro

Well, I was set on the Rag controller, but keep coming back to the macro. I have a few more questions before I take the plunge tho. 1) Can you use one macro to make another macro? For a simple example, lets say you record a macro of hitting button a,a,b,y. Then set that to a tac button. Can you then record, hit the tac, so that macro goes, then lets say, hit x,x,b. Then your second macro would be a,a,b,y,x,x,b. Or would it end up being a macro of tac button,x,x,b. And you would have to leave the first macro set to the first tac button. 2) Can you remap every single button? Even the directional pad? (many games like CoD don't use all the directional pad, so it would be nice to set macros to the unused ones. Also, if EVERY button can be remapped, then I could make it so that Halo would use the exact same layout as CoD, or I could make my own layout and use it for ALL FPS games, correct?? 3) So there are like 4 pages of macros? Sorry, I haven't read all the info yet. Does that mean, I basically have the controller, and 4 seperate configurations. Each page could have each button and tac set to a different setup or macro? Kind of like how rapid fire controllers have modes, but their modes only let you change one or two aspects at a time. I ask, because I would like to set one page for sniping, and have tacs for quickscoping, holding breath, maybe a akimbo tac for the secondary. But then have a page, for totally different gun setup. This is what regular modded controllers seem to lack. If I want to go from rapid fire, drop shot, to quickscoping, I would need to sift through modes. It looks like the macro, I could have maybe two classes per page set up, and easier to manage.

NYjetsNY1

1) Can you use one macro to make another macro? For a simple example, lets say you record a macro of hitting button a,a,b,y. Then set that to a tac button. Can you then record, hit the tac, so that macro goes, then lets say, hit x,x,b. Then your second macro would be a,a,b,y,x,x,b. Or would it end up being a macro of tac button,x,x,b. And you would have to leave the first macro set to the first tac button.

On our current firmware - what is recorded is what you press. You playback a macro while recording. That played-back-macro is not recorded. What is recorded is what you press. You can modify a recorded macro by plugging your controller back in, saving the "recorded.vkm" , opening it on a new tac, and editing the macro.

2) Can you remap every single button? Even the directional pad? (many games like CoD don't use all the directional pad, so it would be nice to set macros to the unused ones. Also, if EVERY button can be remapped, then I could make it so that Halo would use the exact same layout as CoD, or I could make my own layout and use it for ALL FPS games, correct??

Every single button can be remapped to the TAC SWITCH. Not onto stock buttons - unless the stock buttons have no function. For example, if D-pad down does NOTHING in cod, you can put a button on d-pad down and you'd be fine!

3) So there are like 4 pages of macros? Sorry, I haven't read all the info yet. Does that mean, I basically have the controller, and 4 seperate configurations. Each page could have each button and tac set to a different setup or macro? Kind of like how rapid fire controllers have modes, but their modes only let you change one or two aspects at a time. I ask, because I would like to set one page for sniping, and have tacs for quickscoping, holding breath, maybe a akimbo tac for the secondary. But then have a page, for totally different gun setup. This is what regular modded controllers seem to lack. If I want to go from rapid fire, drop shot, to quickscoping, I would need to sift through modes. It looks like the macro, I could have maybe two classes per page set up, and easier to manage.

16 pages per set. You can make unlimited sets - but only put one on your controller at once. Each page can be whatever you'd like.

Take a look at the set I incuded. Open it up with this software. www.viking360.com/downloads/theviking/the_viking_setup.exe

Attachments

• allgames.vks
    78.4 KB · Views: 2

Durro

Thanks, I will install the software and take a look. In the meantime, I am a little confused. You said: Every single button can be remapped to the TAC SWITCH. Not onto stock buttons - unless the stock buttons have no function. Then how does setting up rapid fire or drop shotting? If I set up a rapid fire, do you mean I have to press a tac switch to fire my gun, instead of the right trigger? If so, that may be a bit hard to get used to.
1) Can you use one macro to make another macro? For a simple example, lets say you record a macro of hitting button a,a,b,y. Then set that to a tac button. Can you then record, hit the tac, so that macro goes, then lets say, hit x,x,b. Then your second macro would be a,a,b,y,x,x,b. Or would it end up being a macro of tac button,x,x,b. And you would have to leave the first macro set to the first tac button. On our current firmware - what is recorded is what you press. You playback a macro while recording. That played-back-macro is not recorded. What is recorded is what you press. You can modify a recorded macro by plugging your controller back in, saving the "recorded.vkm" , opening it on a new tac, and editing the macro. 2) Can you remap every single button? Even the directional pad? (many games like CoD don't use all the directional pad, so it would be nice to set macros to the unused ones. Also, if EVERY button can be remapped, then I could make it so that Halo would use the exact same layout as CoD, or I could make my own layout and use it for ALL FPS games, correct?? Every single button can be remapped to the TAC SWITCH. Not onto stock buttons - unless the stock buttons have no function. For example, if D-pad down does NOTHING in cod, you can put a button on d-pad down and you'd be fine! 3) So there are like 4 pages of macros? Sorry, I haven't read all the info yet. Does that mean, I basically have the controller, and 4 seperate configurations. Each page could have each button and tac set to a different setup or macro? Kind of like how rapid fire controllers have modes, but their modes only let you change one or two aspects at a time. I ask, because I would like to set one page for sniping, and have tacs for quickscoping, holding breath, maybe a akimbo tac for the secondary. But then have a page, for totally different gun setup. This is what regular modded controllers seem to lack. If I want to go from rapid fire, drop shot, to quickscoping, I would need to sift through modes. It looks like the macro, I could have maybe two classes per page set up, and easier to manage. 16 pages per set. You can make unlimited sets - but only put one on your controller at once. Each page can be whatever you'd like. Take a look at the set I incuded. Open it up with this software. www.viking360.com/downloads/theviking/the_viking_setup.exe

NYjetsNY1

No No those are individual macros. A rapidfire is a macro. You assign it to RT. You hold rt to rapidfire. Understand?

Remmnever

Thanks, I will install the software and take a look. In the meantime, I am a little confused. You said: Every single button can be remapped to the TAC SWITCH. Not onto stock buttons - unless the stock buttons have no function. Then how does setting up rapid fire or drop shotting? If I set up a rapid fire, do you mean I have to press a tac switch to fire my gun, instead of the right trigger? If so, that may be a bit hard to get used to.

When you assign a macro to a stock button and press the button it will still do it stock action but now plus the macro action. So if you were to create a macro to crouch and assigned on the right trigger, when you press right trigger you will still fire because that is the stock action but with the macro assigned you will also crouch.

Durro

When you assign a macro to a stock button and press the button it will still do it stock action but now plus the macro action. So if you were to create a macro to crouch and assigned on the right trigger, when you press right trigger you will still fire because that is the stock action but with the macro assigned you will also crouch.
Got ya. Hence the drop shot, or auto aim while firing. I understand now. Too bad they cannot be remapped, but oh well. I ordered a macro yesterday, so I can't wait to get it.