Pro Gaming Controller Mods? Also, anyone have FPS Freeks?

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I'm kind of interested in some controller modifications to enhance my gaming when I don't want to use mods such as rapidfire, etc. I stumbled across a few websites that make controllers that aren't modded with rapidfire or a modchip, but have added modifications that are extremely helpful such as sensitive buttons, adjustable hair triggers, grips, etc.

Anyway, check this site out and let me know what you think because I might eventually invest in one of these:

http://www.scufgaming.com/scufusa/

IMO they are really overpriced but I haven't found anything else like this so idk if I'd want to buy. What's the life expectancy on controllers like this? I feel like the triggers and stuff would break easily or something.

Does anyone know of any other places like this that might be cheaper? I may just eventually send in my silver xbox controller somewhere that I bought when it first came out and pretty much never use.

I also came across the FPS Freeks website but idk how to determine which kind I should get. Does anyone have them? Just curious as to how they work

TecHunter

Cool controllers, I already use trigger stops on one of my controllers. But those FPS Freeks, i am going to order some, there is a thread already regarding these. Check it out, i kinda like the Concave version like the PS3 have.

noonoo390

fbs freeks lets you play on any sensitivity basically just put them on your thunb sticks but it takes like 2-3 days to get used to the feeling

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
I just orderd it a couple days ago should be here today

Which did you order, the one off of Scuf? Let me know how it is.

And ok techunter, i'll have to look, idk if i like how much higher up they make the thumbsticks so maybe i'll try the new CQC ones, they are kinda small and for close quarters, might buy a few sets of diff kinds.

blake

i got the new fps ones and i like them but i don't really notice a huge difference besides better grip

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
i got the new fps ones and i like them but i don't really notice a huge difference besides better grip

The CQC ones? They just have better grip? They are smaller too right, they aren't raised up as much as the others right?

I'm thinking of ordering either the perfect ars*nal that comes with the CQC, Sniper, and Elite stickshttp://www.kontrolfreek.com/Specials/KontrolFreek-Perfect-****nal.asp or I'm going to order just the CQC and Prestige Sticks. Can't tell which is better, the prestige or elite ones...

Last edited:

TecHunter

That Scuf controller, along with a ragnarok chip installed would be the ultimate controller! Got my mind going now ;)

As far as the coupon code, i dont know how long it will be valid. when you need one just do a google search for Kontrol freeks coupons!

I ordered the gamer pack recon, it has cqc, and fps.

Last edited:

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
That Scuf controller, along with a ragnarok chip installed would be the ultimate controller! Got my mind going now ;)

As far as the coupon code, i dont know how long it will be valid. when you need one just do a google search for Kontrol freeks coupons!

I ordered the gamer pack recon, it has cqc, and fps.

Totally with you man! I couldnt even imagine a Macro chip installed in one of those bad boys. Might not even be possible but that would be a crazy controller!

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Totally with you man! I couldnt even imagine a Macro chip installed in one of those bad boys. Might not even be possible but that would be a crazy controller!

That would be a butt ton of money though, it'd be crazy, but way out of most people's price range, yet you'd like never need another controller ever unless it broke. Even with a Ragnarok chip, it'd be a lot of money. I customized one of them on their site how I would've wanted to get it and it came out to like the same price I paid for my Ragnarok (and the prices are even higher now for the Rag)

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
Yeah it would be pretty pricey. I couldnt imagine how it would look and feel to play with though. One word AMAZING!

If you're looking at the freeks, check out Mod Sticks Pro. They're made out of aluminum and come in assorted colors. They are adjustable and rather easy to install (as long as you don't have a macro) to any 360 controller. They have concaved tops and are rather comfortable. The smaller neck on these sticks allows you to move and rotate much faster. It takes a couple of hours to get use to them, but they are wicked. Just thought you might want to check out another option.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
If you're looking at the freeks, check out Mod Sticks Pro. They're made out of aluminum and come in assorted colors. They are adjustable and rather easy to install (as long as you don't have a macro) to any 360 controller. They have concaved tops and are rather comfortable. The smaller neck on these sticks allows you to move and rotate much faster. It takes a couple of hours to get use to them, but they are wicked. Just thought you might want to check out another option.

Those seem cool too dude. Thanks for the second option man. I like how these are made of metal (aluminum) and the dpad joystick would be sweet, diggin the customizable colors too. I've never opened a 360 controller before but the install for these seems very simple enough. I see they have some adjustable custom triggers too on here and even snap on thumbsticks that are metal and a little shorter than the fps freeks. I wonder how the grip will be with a metal stick tho, i think the fps freeks would have better grip.

I really only need em for one of my original white controllers i've had since I first got my xbox. They are the old rubbery thumbsticks and the grips have been worn away almost completely so these may be an option although I'm lookin for somethin dirt cheap so I might go wth snap ons