problem w/ my controller

spanyrd

i finished everything today on my duo mod and all my buttons work but the right trigger. and when i plug it into my computer the 1 and 2 leds light when i power it up but it only flashes 3 times and then it starts flashing one the 1st led and when i plug in the play and charge my computer pops up with "usb device not recognized".can someone tell me what might be wrong.

IrishStyle

Make sure you have HID Loader open, thenTry plugging the controller in to pc then while holding the sync button down turn the power on the controller on. The #1 and #2 led will come on letting you know the chip is in boot mode and ready to load,the #3 and #4 leds will be off at this time. Also which option are you using, the 3.5mm jack or the PNC(Play N Charge). If using the PNC option make sure you pay attention to the crossover of the wires in the install instructions. If you are able to get it detected by pc load the button test code to debug the controller connections. Here is a link to the Error codes post. Hope this Helps :cool:

Viking Test Code Explained

edgar

spanyrd said:
i finished everything today on my duo mod and all my buttons work but the right trigger. and when i plug it into my computer the 1 and 2 leds light when i power it up but it only flashes 3 times and then it starts flashing one the 1st led and when i plug in the play and charge my computer pops up with "usb device not recognized".can someone tell me what might be wrong.
If is the duo , press the right tac button and the power button of the controller

spanyrd

when i power the controller up i hold the right tac switch and then hit the center (x) and it powers up with the #1 and #2 leds flashing like 3 times and then it just starts flashing on the #1. then my computer pops up with usb device not recognized and says no drivers installed are installed for this device. i also just read what looked like the same prob and it said the d+ and d- might be hooked up wrong what is the d+ and d-?

IrishStyle

Ya try flipping them around. If using a 3.5mm jack try not sticking the cable in all the way and see if it picks it up.

spanyrd

so i installed the 3.5 jack and it recognizes the controller now so i downloaded the duo button test cod and now the #3 led is flashing is flashing 3 time what do i do now

spanyrd

so everything is working and i did the button test and all my buttons are fine but when i go into cod waw the right trigger won't work. but when i hit the center (X) box button twice it will fire one shot and when i reload it will fire one shot. everything else works though, what do i need to do

odingalt

Staff member
spanyrd said:
when i power the controller up i hold the right tac switch and then hit the center (x) and it powers up with the #1 and #2 leds flashing like 3 times and then it just starts flashing on the #1. then my computer pops up with usb device not recognized and says no drivers installed are installed for this device. i also just read what looked like the same prob and it said the d+ and d- might be hooked up wrong what is the d+ and d-?

It sounds like you have more than d+ and d- backwards. It sounds like you have some dead short and wires soldered to the wrong stuff. Why is LED#1 blinking, if the mod chip solders to LED3 and LED4?

odingalt

Staff member
Be sure to hold down the buttons during the test code process.

If you just 'tap' the button, you won't get a full list of codes. Keep holding the button down until you either see the same code flash many times, or different codes flashing.