problem with loading macros

Viking Jake

Hello all,
I am looking at getting a Viking 360 controller, and I downloaded the Macro Software and a few of the macros (Black Ops .vks and drop shot .vkm). I am having issues loading either file format. The .vks creates a page of errors and exceptions, then shuts down the Macro Software (using the open file button top left of the screen). The .vkm gives me and Invalid File Format (using the open file button on the controller layout screen on any tac button).

Pic of .vks error message

5360570904_13fdaef7b9_z.jpg

Remmnever

When you download the macros you need to actually save it to your computer and then open it. If you try to just open it without saving first I believe you will get these errors.

Try that and see if it works.

NYjetsNY1

Remmnever said:
When you download the macros you need to actually save it to your computer and then open it. If you try to just open it without saving first I believe you will get these errors.

Try that and see if it works.

Exactly thanks Remmnever.

LHR Southern

I just got my controller today. I have not got the hand of this software yet. I am getting pretty upset with it. I can save that 1\
macro to my controller, but I can not figure out how to save it to my PC for future use.I am using vista. I can only load one at a time. Can someone post a step by step picture process of how to do this. So I can change the macros at a giving time so I can edit them if I want. Thank You

NYjetsNY1

LHR Southern said:
I just got my controller today. I have not got the hand of this software yet. I am getting pretty upset with it. I can save that 1\
macro to my controller, but I can not figure out how to save it to my PC for future use.

Press the macro in the library, the link.

Press download.

Press Save.

Save it to a place where you can find it.

Macro sets = .vks macros = .vkm

You can open a full set, one at a time.

On a macro set you can assign macros, such as .vkms... rapid-fires etc. That is fully customizable.

What do you not understand?

For more help on your computer, make an appointment: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=2564

LHR Southern

OK I got that figured out thanks. But I have another question. Default button lay out on Black ops is Melee right anaolog stick can I reasign that function to another button. or tac switch. That is really the main reason I bought this controller. If so can you explain the steps on doing this. I know I can reasign the tac buttons and the x.y,b,a buttons. But I really want to reasign the anaolog sticks button presses. Thanks

NYjetsNY1

LHR Southern said:
OK I got that figured out thanks. But I have another question. Default button lay out on Black ops is Melee right anaolog stick can I reasign that function to another button. or tac switch. That is really the main reason I bought this controller. If so can you explain the steps on doing this. I know I can reasign the tac buttons and the x.y,b,a buttons. But I really want to reasign the anaolog sticks button presses. Thanks

There are a million things you can do. My recommendation is assigning this macro:
http://viking360.com/download-software- ... ?macro=288
To your tactical switch. There is the best knife in the world. Use a semtex.

LHR Southern

Ok, but I honestly don't want my right anaolog stick to do anything but look around. You have a marco for that. lol I have a really bad of a little thing called Panic Knifing when I get i a fire fire with someone.

NYjetsNY1

LHR Southern said:
Ok, but I honestly don't want my right anaolog stick to do anything but look around. You have a marco for that. lol I have a really bad of a little thing called Panic Knifing when I get i a fire fire with someone.

That is why call of duty created the tactical setting in-game.

Switch to it! Eliminates panic-knifing.

It switches your RS with B, B to knife. RS will just drop slightly, no harm. Then just reassign your B to a tac, or put the turbo knife for tactical setup on a tactical switch.

LHR Southern

Again thanks! Yea, I have tried tactical settings and keep dropping when all I want to do is fire and strife from side to side to get a kill. Sorry for the bad typing. I didn't realize I did that. Anyway I'll try that. Thanks