programming mode???

dadams69

Anyone else having a problem getting in programming mode? when I plug it in led3 and led4 go out. but the software does not see it. Wondering if it is a windows 7 issue or not. I have redone the wiring from the Ragnarok chip to the plug 3 times and the samething!

odingalt

Staff member
Are you connecting four wires from the Ragnarok chip to the modchip? Can you show in a picture how it is connected?

(Player 3 and Player 4 LED should not go out, they should blink.)

odingalt

Staff member
Also, you do need to have batteries in the controller (despite the fact it's a 4-wires from the jack to the chip). That fourth wire doesn't bring power from the USB port on your computer to the chip, rather, it's just bringing indication to the modchip that the USB port is present. The chip is self-powered at all times (meaning it needs a battery pack).

modded matt

heres a stupid question...

is the 3.5 jack sicking all the way out of the controller (flush) I would open it and try it with the jack out of the controller.

dadams69

I haven't put it together yet. everytime I plug in the usb the led3 and led4 go out, not blink. when I unplug it they come back on! I have double checked the wiring several hundred times. still nothing. all the modes work fine just won't connect to the pc!

heres a stupid question...

is the 3.5 jack sicking all the way out of the controller (flush) I would open it and try it with the jack out of the controller.