Ps3 controller not working on start up

hazardouschurch

i was wondering if you were aware of of the controller mod chip not immediately working on starting up the ps3. i use the ps button to turn on my ps3 and the mod portion of the controller doesn't work. I have a fatboy 80gb and usb upgradable ps3 controller. to get it to work i have to turn off controller and restart it.
just wanted to make sure you knew.
Hazard

NYjetsNY1

i was wondering if you were aware of of the controller mod chip not immediately working on starting up the ps3. i use the ps button to turn on my ps3 and the mod portion of the controller doesn't work. I have a fatboy 80gb and usb upgradable ps3 controller. to get it to work i have to turn off controller and restart it.
Hazard

Are you talking about the ragnarok? http://www.vikingdigital.com/modded...ollers/pre-built-ps3-ragnarok-controller.html

odingalt

Staff member
Hazard

In order for the mod to work, the controller MUST be sync'ed to your console. To sync a wireless PS3 controller to your console, plug the USB cable from the controller to your console, then power up your console, then hit the PSHome button on the controller. The player LED's should stop flashing, and one of the player LED's (usually LED 1) will light solid.

hazardouschurch

yes sir it is the ragnarock and i do know that it can lag when turned on with jitter mod or fast reload on because those execute button combos but the chip will not even turn on i.e. the mod button on the back doesn't light up the leds or seem to work in game. I have to reset the controller to get it working. I just had it come on normal on start for the second time just know but i think it is because i had the charge cable hooked up.That was the case the first time too. It has done it at least 3 times out of the 6 that i have started the ps3. im leaving it off and waiting for the caps to discharge to see if i can recreate it to see if thats why it is doing it i will update in 10 15 min when i know for sure they are discharged.

it is synced with my ps3 and will turn it on wirelessly meaning it has a connection it will not do that if it is not connected like when i have a regular controller connected to my laptop

odingalt

Staff member
This is USB version or non-USB version? (In other words, did it come with a 3.5mm-to-USB cable and is there a 3.5mm jack hole in the back of the controller?) That makes a huge difference. The USB version is in beta right now.

If you have the USB version, do NOT hold down the mod switch when you power up the controller. This puts the controller into USB programming mode. Once it is in the USB programming mode you either have to power off/power on the controller, or push the little reset button by pushing a pin in the small hole in the backside of the controller, or connect it to your PC and use the Ragnarok software to reboot the mod.

hazardouschurch

ahh the usb version. I have it on the floor and press the ps button and it does it like 5 more minutes to see if i can recreate it for sure

hazardouschurch

yes that would be it i think i could not do it good to know i know know why its doing that if it does it again i will let you know

odingalt

Staff member
Please keep in touch, I am here. I am going to send you a PM to see if you use MSN Live messenger and also to give you my e-mail address (I get e-mails on my phone, that way I can respond more quickly if I'm away from the forums).