ps3 ragnarok controller for GTA IV help!!

kurt_10

I purchased a ragnarok controller to be used for GTA IV multiplayer. On the instructions sheath it says that mode 6 is to be used for GTA. So I basically pressed the sync button + R2(shooting buton) till led 4 flashes 6 times. Also I've read that the layout has to be changed to layout 6 so I pressed the sync button + triangle button for 6 times . Then I i pressed the sync button, R1,L1 and tapped R2 and went into the programmable mode.. Now here is the problem when I went in the programmable mode led 3 and 4 remained lit, rapid fire is off all guns shooting as normal. Also when I did manage to use rapid fire on R2 it will only allow me to shoot and when entering a vehicle to drive it won't let me.
Have I changed the modes and the layout for GTA in the right way? Why does led 3 stay lit?
Any help would be appreciated

Thanks Kurt

odingalt

Staff member
I purchased a ragnarok controller to be used for GTA IV multiplayer. On the instructions sheath it says that mode 6 is to be used for GTA. So I basically pressed the sync button + R2(shooting buton) till led 4 flashes 6 times.

(I think you meant the mod switch -- there is sync button on the PS3 controllers)

lso I've read that the layout has to be changed to layout 6 so I pressed the sync button + triangle button for 6 times .

In your GTA IV setup, which button on the PS3 controller do you have to press to fire the gun?

Then I i pressed the sync button, R1,L1 and tapped R2 and went into the programmable mode.. Now here is the problem when I went in the programmable mode led 3 and 4 remained lit, rapid fire is off all guns shooting as normal.

If the LEd's didn't twinkle, then you never went into programmable mode. If you have a USB-Programmable Ragnarok, there is no programmable mode - you have to connect the controller to your PC if you want to change the speeds. Why you want to change the speeds, I don't know, probably you are going to crank up the speed too high and then the rapidfire won't work at all. You can go too high and the rapidfire stops working altogether.

kurt_10

In GTA R2 is to shoot so I kept the sync button + R2 pressed till Led 4 twinkled 6 times. When I do this the gun I am using tends to shoot one shot at a time hold back and shoot another. Also when I get in a vehicle and press R2 to drive after having rapid fire on the vehicle doesn't move forward. I think I went into programmable mode because led 4 flashed 3 times after I tapped R1 three times and led 3 flashed 4 times after I tapped R1 four times resulting in 34 shots per second.

odingalt

Staff member
It sounds like you are in Button Layout #6, which is "default alt", which should make R2 the rapidfire button. While in Button Layout #6, rapidfire is turned on by holding the Mod switch + Tapping R2.

34 shots per second is about 5 times too high. You need to try something much lower around 5-10 sps. Especially on laggy parts of the map.

kurt_10

Hi, I have managed to solve most of the problems and managed to get rapid fire on R2 which is the shooting button. The only problem that remains is that R2 which is the shoot button is the same button I use for driving a vehicle. When entering the vehicle the car doesnt move forward when R2 has rapid fire and I need to keep switching off when driving and putting on rapid again when outside of the vehicle.

PS3andCOD

Contributor
Nothing to be done about that I'm afraid, just have to keep turning it off unfortuneatly. Can you remap the drive button? I don't play GTA...