Question About Setting up Buttons

coolhand7896

Sorry if I missed this somewhere but, Can the sticks, triggers and buttons be set to whatever I want? The only thing I really want to change is removing the melee from the right stick. I tend to press to hard sometimes when aiming and it results in a stupid melee and ends up getting me killed.. I tried just setting game layout to tactical, but I am not used to it and going to prone when I'm not expecting it isn't much better than melee. I just want the stick to only be for aiming. If this is possible, this controller is bought. Also, does anyone know where I can get some PS3 type sticks for the controller?

I'm pretty sure you can't cancel a stick click, or any other buttons. You can however cancel stick and trigger movement.

modded matt

you cant cancel anything. the default inputs of the device will always remain active. try changing to the tactical setting.

modded matt

probably not, but if you change to tactical, it will duck instead, this is better than pulling out a knife.

or send me the controller and I will perminatly mod the stick so when its clicked nothing happens, I will also add another button for this functionsay...$30 usd or send it to fred.

coolhand7896

Sounds good bro!! I will send you one I have at home to see if I will like it before getting it done to the viking that I'm about to order. Having the melee underneath would be awesome. I just grind them sticks to much I guess. Shoot me your addy and I will box it up with the money and send it to you. :cool:

NYjetsNY1

Actually there is a way to disable the right stick function just assign the dropshot rs in the black ops macro library on your rs button and make sure you use the tactical setting in call of duty

NYjetsNY1

Pyroman515 said:
I'm pretty sure you can't cancel a stick click, or any other buttons. You can however cancel stick and trigger movement.

Wrong.

modded matt said:
you cant cancel anything. the default inputs of the device will always remain active. try changing to the tactical setting.

Wrong.

coolhand7896 said:
Do you think just putting on the kontrol freeks will help me out with my over clicking?

Yes.

With a correct macro, you can disable buttons.

For example:

Switch to tactical in call of duty.

Put this on your RS button via the software: http://viking360.com/download-software- ... ?macro=217

After you press RS once, your RS will be disabled. That is the pro.

Cons:
1. You can't dropshot, RS is basically gone unless you change pages / shut off your controller.
2. After ~10 minutes the modchip will shut off, thus you will need to change pages every 9 minutes or so and then press RS once for it to disable again (on the page with the RS-macro on RS)

That is the free option. You are welcome to spend $30 for modded matt to do this for you. If you'd like to disable other buttons, just create a macro with that exact length on a different button. Let me know how everything works, it works for me and other people as well.

coolhand7896

Awesome!! Is the RS Click only disabled though? It still allows movement but not the click right? It was kind of hard to tell in the video. Love the voice BTW...

NYjetsNY1

coolhand7896 said:
Awesome!! Is the RS Click only disabled though? It still allows movement but not the click right? It was kind of hard to tell in the video. Love the voice BTW...
You can aim and move

coolhand7896

That is awesome dude. Maybe that way I can quit trying so hard to not click down. I did order some kontrol freeks last night though. I think they will help overall. I will probably set it up your way and simply put melee on one of the right tac switches.

NYjetsNY1

Switch to tactical setup.

Re-assign B to a tactical switch for knifing easier. Actually just use the turbo knife on a tactical switch, it is much better.
http://viking360.com/download-software- ... ?macro=297

When disabling buttons remember press RS once to disable it, then it becomes disabled.:

Cons:
On a page with the disabled RS, it is disabled on all macros on that page as well.
So,
You can't dropshot, RS is basically gone unless you change pages / shut off your controller.
Any macro using RS (Dropshots) Won't work on the page with the disabled RS.
YOU CANNOT GO PRONE OR DROPSHOT WHATSOEVER IF YOU DISABLE RS ON THAT PAGE WITH THE DISABLED RS.
All of your dropshots on pages with non-disabled RS will work fine. Just know that.
That is the one bad thing. :(

Maybe you can practice not clicking the RS, and for now use the RS disabler. Once you get good, take it off and then use dropshots/dropstops on the tactical switch.

The Kontrol Freeks are amazing, I hardly ever click it down now.

coolhand7896

I take it the macro is set for tactical? So if set on regular the melee would be disabled as well? Oh and the turbo knife is gonna be loaded for sure!

NYjetsNY1

coolhand7896 said:
I take it the macro is set for tactical? So if set on regular the melee would be disabled as well? Oh and the turbo knife is gonna be loaded for sure!

Yes, the melee would be disabled if you were on normal but then the issue would be that you could never melee = would mean you cannot use the turbo knife. The turbo knife wouldn't work, at least I believe it wouldn't since RS would be disabled, then the macro can't use it so it wouldn't work. So use tactical setting, and use this macro ON THE RS ITSELF: http://viking360.com/download-software- ... ?macro=217 . That macro is for a tactical switch, but it has the correct properties to disable the RS button, so set this for the RS to disable RS. http://viking360.com/download-software- ... ?macro=217

coolhand7896

Just wanted to let you know that this works like a charm. I have about 6 pages set up with the Rs press disabled on all but the first which I just use as normal settings. I have even gotten to where if I want to go prone or dropshot I just switch pages real fast and then back. The kontrol freeks helped, but on the Macro the sticks are a bit looser than the regular controller I have so it was even easier to press down with the freeks or not. It's no problem though, now I don't worry so much about pressing down and I started raising my k/d instantly. I have been testing some of the rapid fires out and haven't settled on the perfect one yet, but I am working on it. Thanks for all the help.

BTW, if you don't switch to tactical, it will not only disable the melee but the sprint as well!! Not sure why, I did have the turbo knife set on a tac switch. No big deal, just forgot to switch to tactical setup and just noticed it.