Ragnarok 360 for Xmas?

Seems

I read from Odingalt that a 360 version of the Ragnarok is coming soon. I'm looking for a controller for my son, have heard good things about Viking, and love the idea of getting free updates. Can you share any info on the features (same as the PS3 Ragnarok?), pricing, or whether they'll be available in time for Christmas?

Thanks in advance!

NYjetsNY1

I read from Odingalt that a 360 version of the Ragnarok is coming soon. I'm looking for a controller for my son, have heard good things about Viking, and love the idea of getting free updates. Can you share any info on the features (same as the PS3 Ragnarok?), pricing, or whether they'll be available in time for Christmas?

Thanks in advance!

Features include, but are not limited to:

-Free updated
-Rapid-fire (any speed, you can choose your own or use a premade speed)
-Drop-Shot
-Rest of mods that PS3 uses.

Potential free updates later on: Turbo Knife, Humanized Rapid-Fire, etc.

For more info: http://www.vikingdigital.com/modded...s/programmable-ps3-ragnarok-controller-1.html

There is the PS3 version. The 360 version will be very similar.

odingalt

Staff member
We were waiting on the production PCB's so they could go through commissioning and testing, they were supposed to arrive early last week. They took over a week to get here on the plane and will be delivered Monday. Unfortunately that sets us one week back from my plan - which was to release the product on Monday 12/5/2011 (just in time for the holidays), now it's looking more like 12/12/2011 which is cutting it close. It all depends on how fast next week we can get the modchips assembled, tested and commissioned. We want to make sure we're not sending out a buggy product.

Sorry for leaving you in limbo. I should have another update again on Sunday afternoon.

Seems

Thanks for the speedy response, and I completely understand. Depending on the price and features, I may still be interested if I can get one in time (if that provides any additional incentive!)

Good luck, I'm sure you guys are going crazy this time of year.

odingalt

Staff member
Good news, I actually was able to get the PCB's on Saturday (FedEx is very accomodating). I put together some test PCB's and it looks like everything is so-far-so-good. Unfortunately the very first PCB I assembled had a faulty DAC (digital to analog) converter chip, what luck, I wasted 6 hours trying to figure out what was wrong with my software before realizing the hardware was just plain bad lol. Trying feverishly to catch up on testing this weekend, aiming for next week "some time" (fingers crossed)

Lynx

I am waiting for these also. I miss my Odins Raven (sold it for the macro), cant wait for these to become available. Hopefully they dont break the bank lol.

odingalt

Staff member
Made good progress on the USB software for the XBOX 360 Ragnarok last night.

We are making an improvement to the USB interface - The USB will be slightly different - it will be "plug and play" - no more need to put your modchip into programming mode. Just plug in the programming cable and the mod will automatically connect to the PC. Pull the cable out and the mod will automatically reboot itself and get ready for gameplay. This works so great I don't know why I haven't been using this method all along.

xKiLLa CaM

Useful Poster
Made good progress on the USB software for the XBOX 360 Ragnarok last night.

We are making an improvement to the USB interface - The USB will be slightly different - it will be "plug and play" - no more need to put your modchip into programming mode. Just plug in the programming cable and the mod will automatically connect to the PC. Pull the cable out and the mod will automatically reboot itself and get ready for gameplay. This works so great I don't know why I haven't been using this method all along.

sounds kickass dude. still can't wait lol, gonna buy one asap so i have it for winter break

BradT25

Is it still required to have a matrix 2 pad for install. If so which controllers are they commonly found in.

odingalt

Staff member
Is it still required to have a matrix 2 pad for install. If so which controllers are they commonly found in.

Right now I've only found matrix2 PCB's within new plain black controllers. All other controllers (GOW3, MW3, Silver twisting d-pad) are coming with CG2.

Seems

Any news on the Ragnarok controllers? Just trying to figure out my Xmas options!

Thanks in advance!

odingalt

Staff member
View attachment 427

I received the latest revision of the XBOX360 Ragnarok modchip PCB's last weekend on Saturday. I hand-assembled a few for testing. Testing went well, so no more PCB revisions are needed. I ordered a stencil, which allows for machine-assisted hand-assembling, and started a short production of modchips for our first orders to get us through the holidays. Also while this work on the modchip PCB's has been going on, I have been finishing up on writing the firmware driver for the modchip, as well as finishing up the USB customization software for Windows (screenshot above). All-in-all, we're awfully close to launching this puppy.

I just need to get the test wiring harnesses disconnected from this frankenstein test controller that I have, so I can take it for a test drive on-line. I'll also have to work on the marketing and support materials - demonstration video for youtube, as well as instruction sheets. However, there are lots of instruction pages included within the customization software for Windows. Each feature has a "?" mark next to it which brings up its own instructions page describing that the mod is, how it works, what game it's designed for, etc. We've noticed that our instructions are not the greatest, meaning there has always been a bit of a learning curve of what the mod can and can't do in each game. These instructions should help put all the best answers into one place - the customization software.

The RGB thumbstick LED's work about as well as the programmable LED's on the macro controller. Meaning that the LED's will dim as your AA's run out of juice. The LED's work find with rechargeable play-and-charge packs, rechargeable AA's and alkaline AA's. We don't modify the play-and-charge port on this controller AT ALL, so the PnC port will function 100% stock with no problems. We didn't touch the PnC port for this mod. Instead, we drill a separate 1/4" hole on the back and install a 3.5mm jack for programming the modchip, and leave the PnC port untouched. (The macro controller required modification to the PnC port and we've seen complaints in the forums from people about charging their macro controllers).

The modchip has 14 different color modes for the LED's. Mode 0 is "Rainbow" mode, where the thumbsticks will roll through all the range of colors. Modes 1 through 13 are red, green, blue, yellow, purple, aqua, cyan, etc... Mode 14 is the custom thumbstick mode. Mode 14 is set from the windows customization software and allows you to set the left and right sticks as two different colors. You have direct access to the brightness levels for the red, green and blue LED's in each thumbstick. It takes some tinkering, but you can get quite a few different shades of colors out of the thumbsticks by dialing in a different mix of red-green-blue.

This modchip is actually plug-and-play in terms of hooking it up to your Windows PC. Meaning no more having to manually put the controller into bootloader/programming mode. Just put in some batteries, plug in the USB cable, and the modchip automatically goes right into programming mode. Pull the cable out, and the modchip immediately reboots itself and is ready for gameplay. This functionality makes it much easier to connect/disconnect from your computer when you want to edit settings.

Ok, like I said, just need to take this for a test drive and work on the marketing and support materials and we should be ready for launch. I'd like to start selling this thing on Monday 12/12/2011. I originally said 12/5/2011 but the PCB's arrived one week late from China, which means I'm one week late performing all the needed testing and last minute software changes. (Well, Originally I think I said I'd have this thing by October... then I said in time for the launch of MW3... "I really mean it this time" lol)

Here 'tis a copy of the message from that other thread.

BradT25

any idea, whether a cg2 install will be possible. Finding a matrix 2 pad without lot numbers or anything is, well...quite difficult to say the least