Ragnarok Modchip Programming Via PNC Port

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
No it is not since the chip isnt soldered to the PNC port. Thats why you have to have the 3.5 millimeter jack on the back of your controller to program it.

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
There isnt a solder joint to handle something like that on the chip itself. The chip itself is not programmed and made like that. Thanks for the sarcasticness though if this was in a do it yourself section that would have made it better, as you werent specific that you were going to solder to the chip. Many people come on here that just need with their bought controller. Im just here to help out man! All of this stuff I do around here is donated time out of my day, next time I dont have to respond to you if that would be better for you? You are welcome to try it however if it doesnt work then Im sorry.

Last edited:

odingalt

Staff member
Hi Rodman

I moved this to the DIY section.

Connecting the Ragnarok to the PNC port is a little bit different than connecting the legacy modchips to the PNC port. To be honest I'm not exactly sure how to accomplish this. The Ragnarok uses four wires:

Ground
D+
D-
VBUS (5 volts from USB bus)

When the Ragnarok sees 5 volts connected to its VBUS then it knows it's supposed to go right into PC programming mode. So you'd have to cut the d+, d- and probably also the voltage line that goes from the PNC cable to the Microsoft circuit board. If this is something you are really interested in I might be able to try to scrounge up a photo and try to photoshop what I am talking about.

rodman55

i may want to... right now as you may know me, i never do or will use batteries in my controller... i have a usb connector coming out the back of the controller in the battery compartment, and use a modified battery holder to hide it... pretty neat!

rodman55

Hi Rodman

I moved this to the DIY section.

Connecting the Ragnarok to the PNC port is a little bit different than connecting the legacy modchips to the PNC port. To be honest I'm not exactly sure how to accomplish this. The Ragnarok uses four wires:

Ground
D+
D-
VBUS (5 volts from USB bus)

When the Ragnarok sees 5 volts connected to its VBUS then it knows it's supposed to go right into PC programming mode. So you'd have to cut the d+, d- and probably also the voltage line that goes from the PNC cable to the Microsoft circuit board. If this is something you are really interested in I might be able to try to scrounge up a photo and try to photoshop what I am talking about.

cutting traces is my specialty :)

modded matt

Sorry guyus I have been busy..

The ragnarok is not programmable through PNC, if you want to use the pnc function.

If you dont care for the PNC function (or will never again want it) you can cut the traces on the controller mobo and wire the mod chip pins to the vias from the pnc port. this is straight forward, find a schematic of the pnc port for your controller and match it up, or get out the multi meter and find the correct pins yourself. If you leave the power pin connected without cutting the trace, everytime you plug in the pnc cable, your chip will go into programing mode.

another option if you are worried about loosing the supplied cable (other than being more responsible) would be to utilize a female mini usb plug they are about $3.00 on ebay. something like this:
DSCI0017.jpg

http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-pcs-Mini...792?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a760fe6d8

Jonny

So how does the Macro controller do it? i mean programme through the PnC port with the ability to still play and charge at the same time?

modded matt

The macro is a clip design chip that attaches to the main IC of the controller. It does not have a wire that runs to the pnc TP's like other viking products. Meaning there is no way to isolate the programing signal so a 3.5mm jack or usb plug could be used, hence my statment above, the macro MUST be programed through PNC....

did that answer your question MJ?

MJ23KB24

ModdingBros Leader
It sure did thanks matt! Its so cool that things like this can be done with some wire and a good programmer with a chip. It amazes me!