Rapid Fire Question

HippieMagic

I seem to be having issues with rapid fire and I am unsure what the actual cause is... I am thinking it may be lag but it almost appears like I am hitting a speed limit. I am using the FAL mostly. Handguns seem un-effected.

I am using the basic 8.9sps and while in a private match or just firing alone I have zero issues. It unloads the magazine without a hiccup. However when I encounter a player it becomes VERY unpredictable. It sort of looks like this:

Normal: bang-bang-bang-bang-bang
When I see someone: bang-bang-bang----bang----bang-bang----bang

Do I need to slow the fire rate down to keep it consistent with 3 bars?

MaRkSMaN

try this if youre still having a problem, download m1a1's rapidfire http://viking360.com/download-software- ... ?macro=253.

as i had the same problem, i have a good connection but i rarely ever get host, so i set the speed multiplier to 2.00 and it works great, you can even dial it back to 1.9 and still have good results, play around with it and see what you like, im testing bradleys new one as we speak so ill give you some feedback on that too. update: i like bradleys, its got decent speed and hardly chops, but the way ive fine tuned m1a1's for my settings its faster and hardly chops either, the true best way to get a good rapidfire is to make your own (which will take you a very long time to get a VERY good one) or take one like i did and fine tune it to your liking.

NYjetsNY1

MaRkSMaN said:
try this if youre still having a problem, download m1a1's rapidfire http://viking360.com/download-software- ... ?macro=253.

as i had the same problem, i have a good connection but i rarely ever get host, so i set the speed multiplier to 2.00 and it works great, you can even dial it back to 1.9 and still have good results, play around with it and see what you like, im testing bradleys new one as we speak so ill give you some feedback on that too. update: i like bradleys, its got decent speed and hardly chops, but the way ive fine tuned m1a1's for my settings its faster and hardly chops either, the true best way to get a good rapidfire is to make your own (which will take you a very long time to get a VERY good one) or take one like i did and fine tune it to your liking.

So M1A1's with 2.00 speed > Bradley's ?

MaRkSMaN

NYjetsNY1 said:
MaRkSMaN said:

bradleys is really consistant, and i havent played with the settings. m1a1's i hav now with 2.00 or less is fast but if you dont have good accuracy/recoil control it can overwhelm you.

NYjetsNY1

MaRkSMaN said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
MaRkSMaN said:

bradleys is really consistant, and i havent played with the settings. m1a1's i hav now with 2.00 or less is fast but if you dont have good accuracy/recoil control it can overwhelm you.

Try the new featured one. It is truly amazing.
http://viking360.com/download-software- ... +Warfare+2

odingalt

Staff member
Doesn't work on my controller. In a private match. Do I need to be in a public match or something? FAL it just locks up after one shot. On pistol it shoots about the same as the other rapidfires macros I've played on.

NYjetsNY1

odingalt said:
Doesn't work on my controller.

This one: http://viking360.com/download-software- ... ?macro=494

?

Doesn't work?

It is just a simple rapid-fire macro, 2.16 in the gear settings. Works fine for me and NickM as well?

NickM said:
EDIT: forgot to say, everyone, check out NYjetsNy1's new rapidfire for MW2! Its groundbreaking, fastest I've ever seen in my life, no kickback, no skips. I was teamviewing with him when he found it, his reactions were priceless :).. But seriously, check it out <.<

odingalt

Staff member
Yeah I just updated my post as you were posting. Bupkus. I tried on two different versions of firmware and two different controllers and tried medium charged batteries and brand new out of the pack batteries.

odingalt

Staff member
Tried multiple firmwares, two different controllers, fresh batteries and dead ones lol. Wondering if it's my laggy internet.... or even something as crazy as the console I'm on. I'm playing on one of the new slims. Got a video?

NYjetsNY1

odingalt said:
Tried multiple firmwares, two different controllers, fresh batteries and dead ones lol. Wondering if it's my laggy internet.... or even something as crazy as the console I'm on. I'm playing on one of the new slims.

That's really weird. Maybe a CONSOLE issue?? Crazy... but possible. I don't think it is connection.

Check my PM.

odingalt

Staff member
I'm a moron I'm trying to get this to work on BLACK OPS HAHAHAHAHA. JETS just told me in chat that the macro I'm trying to use is for COD:MW2. Time to get out my MW2 disc!

NYjetsNY1

odingalt said:
I'm a moron I'm trying to get this to work on BLACK OPS HAHAHAHAHA

Huge misunderstandings lol, make sure you take the macros from the right section for the correct game lol!

HippieMagic

and odin does what here again? haha I kid.

I slowed it down a little and it doesn't hiccup at all anymore but I am still playing around with it. It feels like it could stand to be a little faster without having any problems but I may just be nitpicking at this point. It currently functions flawlessly but a part of me wants to keep pushing it until it skips again an dialing it back just a tad to be safe.

NYjetsNY1

HippieMagic said:
and odin does what here again? haha I kid.

I slowed it down a little and it doesn't hiccup at all anymore but I am still playing around with it. It feels like it could stand to be a little faster without having any problems but I may just be nitpicking at this point. It currently functions flawlessly but a part of me wants to keep pushing it until it skips again an dialing it back just a tad to be safe.

My new MW2 in the library you are talking about? The gear setting is 2.16, but if you'd like to try 2.18, that is the only speed worth using that is faster.

For black ops, I like .89.