rapid fire speed

noonoo390

how can you tell if a rapid fire is 7.0 sps or 5.0sps and so on, does it have anything to do with what speed its on or how long the macro is for example if i take a rapid fire mod and made the right trigger from 1s to 7s does that mean its 7 shots per second

bonefisher

Incorrect unless you change the speed in the bar up top! Starting off the little s next to the number I picture this into milliseconds (example: 0.2s is 200ms)! The default speed it shows is 1 in the speed bar...means it is set for 1000ms or 1s! So easy way lets say your 5.0 sps for example.... draw a line from 0.1s to 0.2s (make sure if your putting on right trigger you take off the default trigger presses) so default speed up at the speed bar is at 1 meaning if you divide 1000ms by 5.0 sps you get 200ms (so always split the difference of trigger presses is a easy way to have space between each shot or it mite step on each other when you speed things up)! So that is where your ending dot on your rune is at 0.2s makes it at 5.0 sps! Now for a 10 sps with same example go to the speed bar little box where the number 1 is and highlight it and put a 2 in there! So if you divide 1000ms by 10 sps you get 100ms which looking at your end mark it will show 0.1s which is a 100ms! You now have a 10 sps! Use same example 0.1 to 0.2 rune and just slide bar around to get your speed!

bonefisher

Sometimes you can't get exact sps so just round it off and test to see if you can go fast or slow on the weapon!

Bernard

Incorrect unless you change the speed in the bar up top! Starting off the little s next to the number I picture this into milliseconds (example: 0.2s is 200ms)! The default speed it shows is 1 in the speed bar...means it is set for 1000ms or 1s! So easy way lets say your 5.0 sps for example.... draw a line from 0.1s to 0.2s (make sure if your putting on right trigger you take off the default trigger presses) so default speed up at the speed bar is at 1 meaning if you divide 1000ms by 5.0 sps you get 200ms (so always split the difference of trigger presses is a easy way to have space between each shot or it mite step on each other when you speed things up)! So that is where your ending dot on your rune is at 0.2s makes it at 5.0 sps! Now for a 10 sps with same example go to the speed bar little box where the number 1 is and highlight it and put a 2 in there! So if you divide 1000ms by 10 sps you get 100ms which looking at your end mark it will show 0.1s which is a 100ms! You now have a 10 sps! Use same example 0.1 to 0.2 rune and just slide bar around to get your speed!

Great information bonefisher!
Is there a way to setup a Rune to allow the LSAT (COD Ghosts) to shoot at the 941RPM rapid fire speed without the actual rapid fire attachement? If so can you explain how that setup would be done?

bonefisher

Great information bonefisher!
Is there a way to setup a Rune to allow the LSAT (COD Ghosts) to shoot at the 941RPM rapid fire speed without the actual rapid fire attachement? If so can you explain how that setup would be done?
Well Bernard I have not took a look at this yet but I will some time today! We have made them for Black Op's 2 for certain guns because they had a reset glitch on the first couple of bullets! Anyway I'll look and get back to you to let you know!

bonefisher

Bernard didn't find anything yet to bump up the rapid fire on the LSAT! I'll keep messing around but think no dice on that!

Bernard

Bernard didn't find anything yet to bump up the rapid fire on the LSAT! I'll keep messing around but think no dice on that!
Yeah...I was messing around with it too and couldn't get more speed out of it. Although I'm not nearly as knowledgeable as you and everyone else on the forums. Thanks for trying.

modded matt

There must be a formula to calculate this properly. based on your example, you are holding the trigger for 100MS (from .1 to .2 with a multiplier of 1) giving 5 sps. and then you state by just changing the multiplier to 2 it will increase to 10 SPS, so every increase in multiplier of 0.1 equates to 0.5SPS. so if you set the multiplier to 1.5 this will give you 7.5SPS According to your math above.

more speed multiplier examples=
1 = 5 SPS
1.2=6SPS
1.4=7SPS
1.6=8SPS
1.8=9SPS
2=10SPS

Is this accurate?

also on rapid fire, you mention adjusting the default trigger press, I assume you mean the slider that states how hard to press the button. the default is full press, but the call of duty example shows the sliders adjusted all the way to the left (or full release)

explain?

Last edited:

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

ModdingBros Representative
The easiest way I can break it down is as stated: in macro software "assuming berserker software is the same" one bar is 10MS @ stock speed multiplier settings; ex 1.00 So one box or 10 bars is 100MS @,1.00 speed multiplier. If u want to know the MS of a specific line segment with a different speed mulitplier all u need to do is add the total up @ stock speed multiplier settings then divide your figure by the new speed multiplier setting and u will get the new MS speed. Ex. A line drawn one box & 4 bars long is 140MS @ stock multiplier speed. Change the multiplier to say 2.76 and u will do math as followed 140MS ÷ 2.76 multiplier = 50.72463768 or rounded 50.72 MS.

Most important thing that is overlooked is this is just the HOLD times. This means how long a particular button is pressed! If u want a true rate of fire setting say for rapid fire u have to add the dead space between the starting bar on the timeline and where your line starts. In a perfect world u would space your dead space the same length as your line drawn to make the PULLs and RELEASEs the same or 50 50. If u make a RF all u would need to do is divide your figure again by 2 and this will be your actual sps. So the figure in the first paragraph which is 50.72 u would divide it by 2 and u would get 25.36 sps.

If u are making a more complicated rapid fires I'll show u the formula i use to figure it out.

My Ex: Right trigger funtion starts 6 bars in then the RT hold or line drawn is 8 bars long & speed multiplier is set @,1.34. What is the true sps?

Here's my formula in example form; start by adding both dead time "a.k.a" release and hold times together. 8+6= 14 or 140 MS @ stock speed multiplier setting. Now take 140MS ÷ by 1.34"adjusted SM" = 104.48MS. (This is the total run time of the RF from beginning to end before it loops back around.) Now take the dead time or "release" which is 6 bars or 60MS @,stock SM. Next take the 60 MS ÷ by 1.34 "adjusted SM" = 44.78MS. 44.78 is the release time. Now u will subtract 104.48 "total run time" by 44.78 "release time" to get 59.70 MS "RT hold time".

We now have RT held for 59.70 MS, RT released for 44.78 MS, macro run time is 104.48 MS long. So how do we transform this info to actual sps?

First use 1000ms then divide it by total run time 104.48 = 9.57sps.

Now its not 50 50 pull release. We now need to take the pull and release and subtract it by 50 %; 59.70 - 44.78 = 30.08. Now we add the rest up to 100 30.08 + 64.92 = 100 %. So its a 64.92 MS hold to 30.08 MS relesse offset. Sometimes 50% pull to 50% release does not yeild the best / fastest RF speeds. These offsets can produce a more cleaner fire pattern.

This is the math formula I use and it seems to be spot on with other formats of programs that I use.

If I'm wrong with my math feel free to correct me. I do round up to get my figures so this can slightly alter the results.

Its not easy to get real sps features in viking format. It basically deconstruting the timeline to a whole different format.

I feel it would be a nice update if there was a side box that calculated this math together to give the users actual figures when they make a RF or any other macro/runes. This way it will show the hold time, release time, total run time & actual adjusted sps!

Last edited:

JIM WALKER

Has anyone any idea what the fastest RF might be for a DMR on BF4, been playing around with speeds but its taking forever to find the right spot ..... (berserker)

modded matt

Dont take this the wrong way White, but apparently you have never used the Forge software. It is not the same as the Macro. No offence, but half what your saying doesn't apply to the Forge software. We need precise instructions that make since to new members that are accurate and pertain to this topic. Now in the middle of a forge discussion we change topics to the Macro software or actually a duty cycle. This is why people get frustrated and cannot find what they are looking for. Your math and logic are spot on, just not what I am looking for.

You wrote a nice post, If I was still a moderator, I would move it to the macro section...but I lost that ability with the new software integration.

Last edited:

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

No I've never used the forge software but I've talked with bonefisher before about this and its almost the same princibles of converting macro to rune software. Yes the forge has more varibles as far as how u can make specific runes and how they behave but the math is the same with forge and macro software. My math will yeild the same results with forge software.

I do feel that there should be a implemented box in the forge software that breaks the GPC format to script format stating actual hard numbers so members know exactly what they are making. This would unlock a lot of potential for more noob members that Dont understand how the software works.

Ok back to what im trying to get across with my first thread! The math i use is the same pricible with forge. Bonefisher uses the same math principles as I use and has used this format to convert macros Ive made to rune format that I've provided to him. Bonefisher and I were actually the ones who cracked the Viking software to script format.

I may speak of macro software but I truily believe that everything I listed is compatible with forge software spec's. Please correct me if I am wrong bonefisher but Im certain the math a numbers are the same.

Update: As my math may be correct it is not ideal as a easy practical conversion for forge software. As Matt has pointed out a conversion times table is the most ideal implent to a easy fast no nonsense form of forge conversations to actual sps table. No one is going to want to do all the math and this method will streamline this process to a more practical speedy user friendly format!

Last edited:

modded matt

What you fail to realize, or maybe you dont understand the question, that is while your math may be logical, it doesnt convert in a way that is usable for the forge software.

New users are not going to care. They will only want to know what to set the speed multiplier to in order to achieve what they want. Nothing you have posted explains to new users how to set and adjust rapid fire.

This is what they need:
1 = 5 SPS
1.2=6SPS
1.4=7SPS
1.6=8SPS
1.8=9SPS
2=10SPS

as the instructions start at a default multiplier and draw one line from 0.1 to 0.2 and everything else is done via the multiplier. The software adjusts the on/off time based on the multiplier value.

Also, I dont appreciate your tone.

Last edited:

WHITE 4ND N3RDY

You are absolutely correct Matt. Old and new members need a chart as u speak like a times table chart to break it to actual number without doing long over complicated math problems! Sorry for rambling I often feel obligated to defend myself even when I'm missing the main point. Matt u have a great idea and I hope someone applies your example to make it into a accurate chart for members to use to converge their mods into actual sps numbers.

My apologies to you and everyone else. Its hard having a thick skull some times. Guess its a old guy set in my own ways kind of thing. At least I can admit when I start to talk stupid lol. Please dont stab me in the face with a soldering iron. I know u got Jedi force skills with that thing!

Last edited:

modded matt

No worries, sometimes I dont explain myself/issues fully. I wouldn't have made u a mod at acidmods if I didnt trust ur judgment. I was just kidding about the tone. LOL

Last edited:

bonefisher

There must be a formula to calculate this properly. based on your example, you are holding the trigger for 100MS (from .1 to .2 with a multiplier of 1) giving 5 sps. and then you state by just changing the multiplier to 2 it will increase to 10 SPS, so every increase in multiplier of 0.1 equates to 0.5SPS. so if you set the multiplier to 1.5 this will give you 7.5SPS According to your math above.

more speed multiplier examples=
1 = 5 SPS
1.2=6SPS
1.4=7SPS
1.6=8SPS
1.8=9SPS
2=10SPS

Is this accurate?

also on rapid fire, you mention adjusting the default trigger press, I assume you mean the slider that states how hard to press the button. the default is full press, but the call of duty example shows the sliders adjusted all the way to the left (or full release)

explain?
This is correct the way your thinking at a simple form which some are not exact but rounded off like say your example 1.4=7 sps......If you slide the bar from 1 to 1.4 the reading at the end of the rune is at 0.143s which 1000ms / 7sps= 142.8571428571429 which you round off to the nearest number 143 which is 0.143s..... I always 50/50 the release and pull trigger.....by default the triggers are pulled which would fine for a tac version rapid fire but if your planning to put on right trigger you are doing the pulling so you would have to click on each end of the rune and adjust sliders all the way left for full release.....that is correct. You also can just get into simple form by just say example: 1000ms/ 5.8= 172.4137931034483 which you will not dial in the .4137931034483 so I round off to the lower number since I didn't pass the 5 mark...so it will be 0.172s....start off just slide the speed bar til you find it cross path with 0.172s then you can split the release and pull....less on the pull side if not even 50/50 so it gives room not to step on the fire which you get a skip if it is to fast for the gun.