record feature for berserker whats the latest update (SOLVED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

noonoo390

come on viking whats the hold up for this record feature it been a while now, still waiting ,i think this should be the number one priority because a couple of ppl i see on the forums keep asking to make runes, maby you guys will never add this feature and just hope ppl forget about it. i don't know

bonefisher

Odin just spent a whole bunch of time and most likely money on fixing several major issues on the FORGE program.. You guys mite not of noticed but I did so give him a little time and patience it will all pan out to greatness.....

Drastic

Odin just spent a whole bunch of time and most likely money on fixing several major issues on the FORGE program.. You guys mite not of noticed but I did so give him a little time and patience it will all pan out to greatness.....
Curious what fixes did u notice haven't gone to put new stuff on my controller yet waiting for halo =]

odingalt

Staff member
I can say with absolute certainty it is indeed the number one priority right now. It is a large update and I don't have a solid ETA to give, other than the usual "it's in progress".

Wee rolled an update to the forge to fix some timeline editor bugs a week or two back. Another smaller update is needed soon to fix a bug with the time multiplier/time slider.

odingalt

Staff member
Hi guys, small update. I am working on the controller firmware for recording. Here's a comparison on how the old XBOX 360 macro recording worked, vs. how the new recording will work:

XBOX 360 Macro:

-Could keep re-recording macros over and over, but you were only able to retrieve the last macro that was recorded when downloading to your computer
-Essentially stuck recording 1 macro at a time, then have to sync up to your computer to retrieve that 1 macro
-When recording, you were not allowed to play back any macros at the same time.

XBOX One Berserker:

-You can keep re-recording runes over and over. Each page will store the last rune that was recorded. This means you can save up to 10 runes (1 on each of the 10 available pages) before stopping and syncing to your computer to retrieve the runes.
-Essentially you can record 10 runes at a time if you utilize all 10 pages.
-When recording, you are allowed to play back other runes at the same time. The recording will also record button presses from any runes that you played back during your recording.
-(Important to note, XBOX One Berserker can currently only do 3 things at a time. It can play back 3 runes simultaneously, or let you record 1 rune while playing back 2 other runes.)

To retrieve runes, you will use a new and improved tool for Windows. You will load the tool, connect your controller. The tool will talk to both your controller and the Viking Forge at the same time, it will scan your controller for newly recorded runes and transfer them into your Viking Forge account. Our software developer's native environment is actually MacOS and he is actually actively developing under MacOS and then porting to Windows, so there's a very strong chance that will be able to release a Windows and MacOS app at the same time we have rune recording and retrieval ready. The main reason we went with web-based forge (Which I know makes it tough on you guys with dodgy internet) was to make it easier to support more operating systems beyond Windows.

I don't have a solid ETA yet but development will definitely go into November before we release anything publicly. If you are willing to be a beta testing guinea pig let me know, I would certainly appreciate if any of the hardcore users wanted a chance to break the new rune recording feature before we unleash it to the rest of the customers. We will hopefully be into beta testing in a couple of weeks (beginning of November).

bonefisher

You know me Odin, I'll get into the nitty gritty of things on testing...I'm all in on the beta testing. Let me know when you are ready!

Status
Not open for further replies.