recording macros

oDEEKo

Using the software, assign one of the tac switches as 'start/stop macro recording''. It'll then ask you to choose a button which you can press to playback the macro, once recorded.

Then when synced with your xbox press that tac switch to start recording, the guide leds will start flashing to show you're recording, press the tac switch again to stop macro recording and leds flashing :D

celticjamesp

cheers bud

i was just wondering if i record a macro and for exmple set the start button an A then at the end of the macro i click the button A again will this make my macro loop?

many thanks hope you can help :p

oDEEKo

My understanding is as follows, I'm sure NYJets or someone will be along later and correct me if any of this is wrong ;)

Currently any macro that is longer than 0.1 when veiwed on the timeline editor will loop, but only while the tac switch/ button it's assigned to is held... So yes if you have a macro that has an A press after the 0.1 line in the editor it will loop all the time you hold the tac switch/ button that triggers it. If you record a macro that is an A press followed by another A press as long as theres a 0.1 second gap (or more) between the two presses it'll loop.

Other looping options will be implemented in the next firmware update :)

celticjamesp

ok , cheers i know this may sound silly but if it works ill be soo happy , but for what i am trying to create the macro will be arround 10mins long so can that be looped?
cheers

shaoliin

celticjamesp said:
ok , cheers i know this may sound silly but if it works ill be soo happy , but for what i am trying to create the macro will be arround 10mins long so can that be looped?
cheers

To my knowledge there is no limit on how long you can record something. Im a achievement addict and im guessing you are trying to record a macro to loop over and over again to boost a game. You could hold down the tact switch to loop forever but im guessing the new firmware update will be coming out pretty soon (hopefully) so we can just press the button once and then leave the controller alone for the remaining time. I am probably more anxious for this update than anybody cause i really wanna get started on boosting some of these games i have.

NYjetsNY1

Currently any macro that is started after 0.1 when viewed on the timeline editor will loop, but only while the tac switch is held. So if you have a macro that has an A press after the 0.1 line in the editor it will loop all the time you hold the tac switch that triggers it. If you record a macro that is an A press followed by another A press on a tac switch, as long as the macro starts after 0.1 it'll loop if you hold the tac. Make sure the macro is not just recorded but edited via the timeline editor.
Other looping options will be implemented in the next firmware update so you can loop things forever. I hope we get this out soon but there are tons of kinks and bugs to get fixed right now in this new firmware I'm testing. Right now your best bet is to just hold the button down... try tape but be very careful not to ruin the controller or paint. Within a few more months we're hoping to get the update finished.

Any questions feel free to contact me or set up a teamviewer appointment.

WetterThanWater

I wouldn't use tape, I'd use a rubber or elastic band. It wouldn't damage the paint one bit :D But it could fall off, so make sure it's secure.

NYjetsNY1

WetterThanWater said:
I wouldn't use tape, I'd use a rubber or elastic band. It wouldn't damage the paint one bit :D But it could fall off, so make sure it's secure.

Look to my post directly above WetterThanWater's for info, but yeah I guess a rubber band would be better.

shaoliin

NYjetsNY1 said:
. Within a few more months we're hoping to get the update finished.

A few months does not sound too pleasant considering it was suppose to be out at the end f february. :(

celticjamesp

cheers for all the help people , i will record my massive 10 minute macro at the weekend and test making it start 0.1 on the timeline editor , then use a rubber band to hold the tac swich down , fingers crossed this will work , on another note is it best not to use the analog switches? , many thanks lads

shaoliin

NYjetsNY1 said:
It's pretty complex - but that is why it has taken so long. We had no idea of this until we started testing it in early Feb... then we realized it was going to take a while. I'm sorry for that, but like I said maybe we can push a mini-update for just looping and then go for axis-disabling. That may be a smarter idea.

That would be amazing and satisfy me a great amount. That is basically the only reason i am harping on the update so much is because of the loop feature and the start/select button being added to the timeline editor... but im pretty sure that the start button thing is all ready done. If you are confident in the looping feature then separating the updates for the analog sticks and looping would be ideal and satisfying to say the least. It would give every one something new to play while they wait for the analog sticks update. :D

NYjetsNY1

shaoliin said:
NYjetsNY1 said:
It's pretty complex - but that is why it has taken so long. We had no idea of this until we started testing it in early Feb... then we realized it was going to take a while. I'm sorry for that, but like I said maybe we can push a mini-update for just looping and then go for axis-disabling. That may be a smarter idea.

That would be amazing and satisfy me a great amount. That is basically the only reason i am harping on the update so much is because of the loop feature and the start/select button being added to the timeline editor... but im pretty sure that the start button thing is all ready done. If you are confident in the looping feature then separating the updates for the analog sticks and looping would be ideal and satisfying to say the least. It would give every one something new to play while they wait for the analog sticks update. :D

I'll talk to odingalt about this.

shaoliin

NYjetsNY1 said:
shaoliin said:
NYjetsNY1 said:

I'll talk to odingalt about this.

Please do.... I appreciate it a lot. Please let me know what he thinks about this idea as soon as you get a response aswell. Thanx again. ;)

NYjetsNY1

Believe me everyone will know when it is ready!

Like I said though, it is complicated stuff and is taking a while to make - longer than originally anticipated. It won't take forever though!

NYjetsNY1

celticjamesp said:
cheers for all the help people , i will record my massive 10 minute macro at the weekend and test making it start 0.1 on the timeline editor , then use a rubber band to hold the tac swich down , fingers crossed this will work , on another note is it best not to use the analog switches? , many thanks lads

As long as it starts after 0.1 you'll be fine, it doesn't have to start at 0.1 and what we mean by 0.1 is just not at 0.0. As long as nothing starts at 0.0 then the macro will work fine. Let me know if the analogs cause a problem. Also let me know how the rubber band on the tac works.

Crimson

NYjetsNY1 said:
celticjamesp said:

As long as it starts after 0.1 you'll be fine, it doesn't have to start at 0.1 and what we mean by 0.1 is just not at 0.0. As long as nothing starts at 0.0 then the macro will work fine. Let me know if the analogs cause a problem. Also let me know how the rubber band on the tac works.
shouldn't that be 0.01 in the editor? The first place to start macro in the editor is 0.0, 0.01, 0.02..........0.09 and then it hits 0.1. or I am confusing myself? Sorry for the newb-ish question, just trying to figure all this out while awaiting my package to arrive :D