Repeat or single fire setting? Where is it?

Wolfie

Just playing with the software for the first time. Have the beta version and it doesn't exatly match the videos so I am stumbling on one (probably rather obvious) setting somewhere.

From my past programming experience on various keyboards and joysticks. There are usually 3 possible options:
1. Button performs the macro as long as its pressed
2. Button begins a macro when pressed and stops it when pressed again.
3. Button begins a macro and will only run it once per press even if you hold it.

How do you set a TS to repeat a macro until pressed again (#2)? How to you tell it to only do it once per press (#3) or while pressed(#1)? Where is that setting?

Maybe there is an option that appears once I plug in a controller to the PC? I am expecting my macro to arrive on monday (accorting to fed ex.) so I am running the software without any controller at the moment.

odingalt

Staff member
Hi Wolfie

Grab v0.9.0.0 just officially released. (In this case I suggest uninstalling your old software first, then manually downloading and installing the new v0.9.0.0) That release is now "official" as of five minutes ago :).

Load the software, go into the timeline editor
Click the grey gear box, this opens up the ".VKM Properties"

This properties box contains two of the most important editable values for the macro, the macro loop option that you want, and the speed multiplier. Check our that properties box and look it over and then udpate us with your questions and I'll try to help out.

It's misleading, the four icons in the upper-right-hand side always stay the same, but their functions are different depending on whether you are manipulating a macro set (VKS) on the home page, or if you are manipulating an individual macro (VKM) on the timeline editor screen.

Wolfie

Downloaded it yesterday and installed. Any difference between yesterday and today?

I guess I never tried clicking there in the timeline. I had clicked on it in the set view and didn't see what I was looking for. Didn't see any obvious change so I thought the icons's function hadn't changed. Maybe a change in the icons between the set view and the timeline would be a good thing.

Anyway, found the options I wanted so its all good now :) Wish it was Monday so I could REALLY play o_O.